CC data graphic after recording [FIXED]

ollysses

Hello there,

I recently have to struggle with this problem: after I recorded midi cc data riding the mod wheel or any other controller it shows in big steps in the editor (piano roll):

befor.thumb.png.7c729a4b57e20342d0d9658855983d59.png.

After I click on one node I get this nice smoothed out cc data I'm used to:

1133860313_afterclick.thumb.png.44ef0bbfbc3f246b009ee9588f9703e0.png

This suddenly appeared and I don't know why. I'm also a little worried that the stepped data produces little jumps in e.g. volume rides. Can somebody please help to get back to normal again.

Thank you! Oliver

What counts are the control points (the nodes), not the lines.

Not necessarily - unless you checked in the Event List, making sure to engage the "Additional Info" button? Normally, Logic should interpolate the values between two control points when a straight line joins them, but not when a horizontal then vertical line joins them:

No-interpolation.png.f19a0df8a4ca208ead53265b6f8874e0.png

Interpolation.png.f346f84e4ceb3ec5e1c33a3114740aaf.png

Not necessarily - unless you checked in the Event List, making sure to engage the "Additional Info" button? Normally, Logic should interpolate the values between two control points when a straight line joins them, but not when a horizontal then vertical line joins them

That's right. But that interpolation does not happen with recorded events as far as I can tell:

2120457883_ScreenShot2014-09-09at08_51_57.png.0ab96546612f4f5e5c20db937391726e.png

J.

I wonder if the somewhat obscure MIDI Data Reduction setting is involved?

1403843127_pic2014-09-14at10_38_24.PNG.735b8e71241e2467125cce56d93f4d25.PNG

If it is enabled, turn it off, see if it makes a difference.

File > Project Settings > Recording

• “MIDI data reduction” checkbox: Controller events are thinned out during recording, to

reduce the data load on the MIDI bus during playback. This improves the timing of dense arrangements when using interfaces with only a few MIDI ports. The function actually reduces the duration of controller events, using an intelligent algorithm which retains the value at the end of a series of controller messages.

ps *the online help http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10/# has been offline a lot, the last week, and is offline right now (sept 14., 10.55 GMT). I've repeatedly reported this, and I've been told they're working on it, but in the meantime I'll refer to the PDF manual.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Dunno if this should be a new thread or not but I had a similar bug with sunrizer synth but its not a graphical thing. . . I made a video of whats going on:

Oh when I assigned the knob externally through logics learn function it behaves the same

But if I use the synths midi learn function to assign external knob and record MIDICC it works flawlessly?

In any case I sent this the developers to have a look