10.2.3 adds blank copies of projects in Open Recent submenu [FIXED]

Jordi Torres

Apparently, projects created with earlier versions of Logic will appear as blank files that can't be found when attempting to open them from the Open Recent submenu.

However, even when creating a new project with 10.2.3, for each project that is stored in the Open Recent submenu, a blank file will also be added to the menu:

256457598_ScreenShot2016-06-10at20_55_38.png.23765335c12c4361362b9701395aa503.png

Can anyone confirm?

J.

I've had this happening to me from 10.2.1. If I save a new project, one of those gets added to the list. Irritating that it takes up space, especially when we can't have many more recents on the list or delete recents from the list.. And I don't understand the shrinking of number of recents. What an unnecessary thing to do... From my point of view.

Don't know if it's related to the Dock menu. Anybody noticed that the menu you have on the Dock when you right-click the Logic icon to open a project from there instead of opening Logic and then choosing a project, is all messed up at some point. If in Logic you clear the Recent submenu, then the menu in the Dock will be ok. But after a couple of projects loading, the items on the bottom of the menu move and all is messed up. It's happening for a while on my system.

Blink

I stopped using the recent items menu quite a while back because 20 items was the maximum items in the list. Using finder and spotlight is much better, once you get some shortcut commands under your belt you can work easily and without lots of mouse clicks.

Today looking at OS X system preference > General (first page near the bottom) there seems to be a new entry to set the number of items used in the recent list. It was set to 10, after resetting the preference the menu list is now working again.

Hi Simon, you're welcome and sorry about the delay in responding. Yes it's cool that the setting is system wide.

I made a feature request many years ago about having more entries in the menu, cool that they got around to it. However console shows errors. If the preference is set to say 50 then I get 50 error messages as the menu populates. I think you're right upgrading seems to have changed the setting, 20 became 10 here.

Time to send another report to apple.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
FINALLY! :)

Fixed in Logic Pro X 10.4

I have a slightly different problem since the 10.4 update. I now have several blank and "untitled" entries in the list, making it virtually useless.

Every time I open a new project, say to test a plugin or just try out some new feature, this gets saved to the list, even though I haven't saved the project before quitting.

This is new - only projects that I had personally saved were listed in previous versions. It's now obviously showing auto-saves as well, like it or not.

Any ideas on how to get around this?