Set Locators By Regions/Events/Marquee - Minimum Value [BUG]

In 10.2.4 the "Set Locators By Regions/Events/Marquee" key command will no longer set locators correctly when the selected region or marquee is shorter than a division in length. Instead it will now round up the end of the locators so it's 1 division in length.

Prior to 10.2.4 this function allowed for any selection to set locators, making it useful for accurate looping of very short regions, using locators to easily cut and replace regions, insert space in tempo unrelated projects, and more.

This function (and the same function with Enable Cycle) is now broken.

PS. Not sure why the post date of this post says "last year", probably a board bug. The date of this post is 2016-08-26.

Aha, so a 1/16th note regardless of the division setting.

In any case I would still consider this a bug or an unexpected/incorrect behavior since a 1/16 note is not the same as a "region/event/marquee" selection.

Unfortunately I have upgraded to 10.2.4 on all three active machines, so I can't even test older versions, but thanks for checking it out. I do have an old Mac Pro with Snow Leopard and LP 9.1.8 which I could check out if I dig it out from the attic.

My main rig is a Mac Mini Quad-Core 2.6 GHz i7 with 16 GB RAM and Yosemite 10.10.5 running LPX 10.2.4.

Did you check this with different LP/LPX versions on the same Mac/OS X? I.e for the sake of assuming this bug could be related to something else in combination with LPX (e.g. OS, language setting, etc.).

Also, I believe the function worked/behaved differently in 10.2.3 since I only noticed after upgrading to 10.2.4 and I use the feature regularly - do you have this version to check? Not to put an unreasonable strain on you of course :-D

PS. Not sure why the post date of this post says "last year", probably a board bug. The date of this post is 2016-08-26.

:shock:  I don't see "last year", I see "4 days ago" right now:

1578101336_4days.png.0264f58537f05ffc6edc5bbd40d12a0d.png

Make sure you have the correct time settings?

1. Click on your avatar at the top right of the forum page (when logged in) and choose User Control Panel.
  2. Click the "Board Preferences" tab.
  3. Make sure you have the correct time zone setting?

I do have the correct settings, that's the first thing I checked. It happened after the board update.

I fixed it by forcing the settings again, so others with similar problems after the board update should be able to fix it by simply toggling their settings and re-submitting.

Wow I'm sorry to hear, hopefully not too many people are suffering from this, you're the first one to bring it up! Thanks for pointing it out though, and for letting us know how you resolved it.