Sculpture Sidechain with Drum Loop

Here is the trick demonstrated during the Logic 'Power of 7' tour, as shown by Andrew Finnley tonigth at Guitar Center in Hollywood.

First, download the attached template file.

You then have to add an Apple Loop on the 'Audio 1' Track. Go to Audio > Loop Browser and in the search box (top right), type 'Live Edgy Drums 13'. Grab the loop by its icon and drag and drop it onto the track. You can experiment with any other kind of Audio file, but I've found this loop works well.

Then press L to loop the Drum loop! You should end up with this:

Really fun sound design!

Sidechain Sculpture.lso.zip

Edited by David Nahmani

Here is the trick demonstrated during the Logic 'Power of 7' tour, as shown by Andrew Finnley tonigth at Guitar Center in Hollywood.

When sidechaining into Sculpture, how do you determine what element or paramter is being effected? I'm looking Scultpure, but I can't figure it out from the front panel.

Thanks!

Kevin

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Ok now I get it with sculpture, object 2 to external... fine but if I want to do this with es2, i do the side chain thing and it does'nt respond, what is the trick so I can hook up with any synth and any patch ??

m

not sat in my studio but from memory ... in the es2 if you route audio to the side chain ... it appears as a modulation source in the routing matrix ... so you can use it the same as any of the other modulation sources .. it will use an amplitude follower .. in other words the amplitude of the waveform that you are routing to the side chain becomes the shape of the modulation source ...

hope that helps

• 1 year later...