Assign MIDI pedal's buttons to parameters?

I just got an old awesome MIDI pedal the X-15 Ultrafoot. The pedal has two expression pedals and 10 pushbuttons/pushpads (as well as two buttons to scroll through banks, and a "mode" and "bypass" button).

What I want to is assign each pushbutton to a different parameter. I then want the expression pedal to be activated to whatever parameter I have selected. The problem is I do not know how to make the expression pedal exclusively control only the last parameter that was selected.

If somebody could help me with this I will be eternally grateful

What I want to is assign each pushbutton to a different parameter. I then want the expression pedal to be activated to whatever parameter I have selected. The problem is I do not know how to make the expression pedal exclusively control only the last parameter that was selected.

You need get acquainted with the Controller Assignments window and its "Expert View" (Command+K), and working with Zones and Modes.

Here's a link to the Logic Control Surfaces Support manual:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/controlsurfacessupport/index.html#chapter=2%26section=3%26tasks=true

Here's a scenario for controlling 2 parameters on a tape delay plugin with the same controller (one pedal on the X-15):

1- Start by creating a new Zone by clicking the + sign at the bottom of the Zone Column. This will represent your X-15 controller. Give it a name.

2- Next move on to the Mode column and Create a new mode by clicking the appropriate + sign. Give it a name, such as the parameter you want to control.

3- Click the parameter you want to assign (the feedback slider on a tape delay plug-in, for example), click the Learn Mode button over at the lower right of the window and move the pedal in the X-15 you want to use for that parameter. The assignment is learnt and you can click on the Learn Mode button again to exit Learn Mode.

4- Repeat 2 and 3 for a new parameter (the LFO rate on the tape delay, for instance):

Now those two parameters are controlled by the same pedal, but which parameter responds to the pedal depends on which of the 2 modes is selected in the Mode column (at this point you can switch between the two by clicking with the mouse...note that the most recent assignment appears on top of the list below "(No Mode)"):

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5229/5823836659_6bd6d3ca5d_b.jpg

To switch between the two assignments for the pedal using the buttons on your controller, you'll need to make some "modeless assignments" (that's how they're actually called in the manual!).

Click on the "No Mode" mode and then on the Learn button. You'll see that the new assignment will be for the last clicked parameter in Logic. That's fine. Press the button you want to use to switch to a particular pedal assignment.

-Depending on how the buttons behave you may need to press it once (Toggle) or twice (Momentary) while you learn them-.

Now you need to reconfigure these assignments so that they serve as mode switches (and not as controllers for the last clicked parameter).

Select one of the "modeless assignments" in the Control/Parameter column, and change the Class parameter to Mode Change. Below, set the Mode parameter to one of your modes (one of your pedal-controlled assignments). Down in the Value section, set the Mode parameter to Direct. Repeat for the other button.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3654/5823836739_f4064f8f6e_b.jpg

Now if you press a button and move the pedal, one parameter in Logic responds...press the other button and move the pedal, and the other assigned parameter in Logic responds.

J.