tap the tempo of my song into logic.

tets12

hi,

I know there's a way of starting a new session and, before I record anything, tapping my tempo into logic so that the global tempo snaps to my tap. It seems a really quick and easy way to slap down a global tempo before I start. However, it's just not happening for me. I've tried going into project settings, changing the sync mode to manual, auto enabling external sync then bringing up the tempo enterpreteur before trying to tap my tempo in. No luck. It seems to change the global tempo (very slightly) on the first tap then nothing. Can anyone help please?

1-Assign a key on your computer keyboard to the Tap Tempo key command.

2-Check the Auto enable external sync box. Leave the Sync Mode at Internal.

3-If your tempo interpreter window looks like the one I've attached here, and Logic is not playing back (as in Stopped), on the fifth tap on the key Logic will start playing back and an interpretation of the taps you entered will appear in the tempo display in the transport bar. Want to give it another go? Press stop and then start tapping again.

J.

interpreter.png.3451692cef5d6c9184115f55037728f8.png

• 2 years later...

In a similar vein, I'm trying to add a few tracks to a pre-recorded vocal using this tool. However, when Logic thinks it's learned the new bps, it adjusts the playback of the vocal to match which in turn throws off my 'tapping'.

I'd really like to get an accurate measurement of the vocals and since the automatic detection is of no help, I'm looking for a way to 'disable' the auto bps adjustment while I'm using the interpreter. Anyone else experience this?