Logic 8.0.2 Bounce File playback slower than Project Audio

SynRG

Hi All-

I am currently running Logic 8.0.2 on an 3.06 GHz iMac with OSX 10.6.8

I am trying to create reverb audio files from an aux file with PtVerb inserted on the Aux, I originally wanted to record that file back into logic but I could not figure out how to set the channel output back to a channel input, so i came up with the idea to bounce the solo'd aux track into an audio file and re-import it into logic.

When i bounce and re-import the file, not only is it out of time, but the tone of the file is lower and the lengths of the waveforms are all longer, in other words it's not simply out of sync, the audio has changed during the bounce. It's seems that Logic is bouncing the audio at slower playback than the original file!

I am working solely with 48k 16bit audio recordings that have been sent to me, there are no midi files to stick to the tempo of my session.

This is a really strange problem and I can't find anyone else from internet searching who has the same problem, I am certain it has nothing to do with delay compensation as that would just put my files out of sync, not change the actual audio properties. To be honest I am livesound guy, I haven't really used DAW's since Audio School, I would really appreciate if anyone has any insight as to how I can solve this problem, thanks!

Hi CCT

First off, thanks! I bounced at 44.1 and the track now lines up, but now this makes me wonder if i've made a mistake from the very beginning.

All the Audio Files i've imported were originally sent to me as 48k 16bit wav, if i need to bounce at 44.1 to make them line up properly, does that mean my session is downstepping my source audio files to 44.1? If that's the case am I going to have the same timing issues when the client tries to sync my audio with their video (the files are all stereo audio tracks from a video that I need to make into seperate audio files for a surround mix)

Thanks again for you help!

Hi

It all depends what/how the original files were imported:

If the project was saved "with assets" including "Copy Audio files to project folder", the files will have been automatically SR converted on input. (Logic 9 warns about this, Logic 8 does not).

Once the files have been imported, no automatic SR conversion takes place if you change the project SR, so you would need to do an "additional" manual file SR conversion.

If the project was not "Saved with Assets, or the "copy External files to Project Folder" was not check, the files will be at their original SR, regardless of the project SR (unless you manually convert them).

CCT