Mini Server recording pathway [SOLVED]

Glenn L.

Hi there,

My new Mini-Server has 2 HDDs, and I wish to use the second one for Project data. I know this is fairly straightforward, but my question is, do I need to set this up for each and every project? I tried to set up the pathway in my custom templates, but this setting doesn't stick when I load the template to start a new project.

Is there any way for me not to have to set this up each and everytime?

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

Ok, I am running into problems here.

When I load a template, and then try to name it and save it, I have gotten a couple of error messages.

The first tells me that the folder already exists, and do I want to use it, create a new one, or cancel.

The second, which seems to have taken the place of the first, is telling me that 'project AAABX' could not be saved. Yet, the project name changes to that, but, when I try to record something, I get prompted to save again, which of course it can't.

What do I do here?

Thanks,

Glenn

Please do. And when/if you do get that alert again just try saving the project somewhere else for example create a TEST folder on your desktop and save your project in there. It's possible that Logic detected a project folder structure when you tried to save, and asked whether you'd want to use it or not. That's what it sounds like.

Ok, here is the message.

Check the Copy external audio files to project folder when you are saving stuff.

You are getting this message cause you are trying to Save a project within a project, that you accidentally have inside of your Logic folder.

You should be able to find it in your folder. It's an orphaned .logic file.

Move that temporarily to another location.

Right. I found and removed 'Bypass Inst FX.Logic', and now it gives me the same message, but with 'untitled.logic.'

You're trying to save a Logic Project file inside a Logic Project folder, that contained another Logic Project file. You've deleted that other Logic Project file, but you're still trying to save your Logic Project file inside that same Logic Project folder - hence the same message.

Check the Copy external audio files to project folder when you are saving stuff.

+1, that ensures that you're creating a new project folder for your current project file.

Glad to hear you're now sorted! :D