(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

I don't get this:

You see so many leaks of things for the new iPhone, iPad, iOS, etc... but not hardly anything for Logic.

Anyone have any idea why this is?

The iPhone business is bigger than Microsoft, that's why.

Also, Logic (and its ilk) aren't manufactured in Asia, or in places with large external workforces.

However, there must be many beta testers that are willing to possibly bend their agreement not to expose the software.

I realize that the market is way smaller, but not even one leak is often quite the accomplishment.

I'm not sure there's that many beta testers for Logic. A good way to control information leaks. But i don't have any idea really, so don't take my word for it, just a guess.

Blink

IIrc, when Apple took over the development of Logic, they cutoff a lot of the old beta testers and kept a thinned-down more tightly-controlled smaller base of testers, who are pretty loyal and trusted to the developers. These people have no interest in leaking stuff out and having their relationship ended (and possibly legal action taken in some cases.)

They also occasionally go out to "known" producers/musicians for feedback/testing/usability reports as well.

So yeah, I think the beta test circle is probably pretty small.

I hate to report this kind of crap, but I heard from a few people loosely "connected" to the Logic team that there will not be any retina display update for Logic at all. They would not elaborate, but also added Logic X is at least 10 - 12 months away if not longer. I'm sure it's worthless info because nobody can corroborate it, but I find it very hard to believe it'll take that much longer. However, it is odd that Aperture and most all other Apple apps got their retina updates and not Logic. Something strange is going on with this app in particular. Again, like so many of us believe, maybe they had to go back to the drawing board on Logic X because of the FCP debacle.

Sorry to report this pretty much useless rumor stuff, but it was bothering me when I heard that we may still be a long ways off and that Logic will not benefit from my hi-res rMBP screen. We have waited a long time already, Logic 9 was released over 3 years ago, hard to believe. Hey, Tim Cook felt pressured enough to calm the masses down with info on the forthcoming MacPro (which many believed was eliminated permanently); I think after 3 years of Logic 9 there are enough frustrated Logic users out there that at least deserve some answers. While I'm eternally grateful for having had 64-bit way before anyone else (what a life saver), we still can't export audio to a Quicktime in 64-bit mode!

I hate to report this kind of crap, .... I'm sure it's worthless info because nobody can corroborate it.....Something strange is going on.... Sorry to report this pretty much useless rumor stuff, but it was bothering me... I think after 3 years of Logic 9 there are enough frustrated Logic users out there that at least deserve some answers...

So even though you hate to and are sorry to do it, you are repeating some worthless information from some people who don't work at Apple that nobody can corroborate. But you have this vague feeling and think you deserve some answers.

Okay, then.

Yes, that's pretty much it. I put it out there to see if anyone else can corroborate it. I have the notion this info is true, and yes, Apple needs to give us an update on this. Been too long now...and we do deserve communication on this. Some pretty serious issues between rMBPs and Logic. And this is the Logic Rumors thread...

Apple is not going to tell you or anybody anything until the software is updated.

Your "notion" or feeling or chill in your bones or whatever doesn't mean anything.

From reading this thread, I suppose the creation of a "Rumors" thread was tongue-in-cheek, and was intended to prevent everybody who had a prophetic dream last night from starting their own thread.

Here's a rumor: all that news about Apple being radically over-capitalized was due to an accounting mistake, and when they paid out this recent stock dividend they went broke. They're scrambling internally to right the ship before word gets out. There will not be any new products from Apple at all until 2017.

I know, it's probably worthless information and nobody will back me up, but I guy who lives near Cupertino told me this, and when I heard it the hair stood up on the back of my neck, so I have a feeling it's true. :D

all that news about Apple being radically over-capitalized was due to an accounting mistake, and when they paid out this recent stock dividend they went broke. They're scrambling internally to right the ship before word gets out. There will not be any new products from Apple at all until 2017.

no..new..ipod touch ?? :cry: :cry:

Don't know if this was already posted:

http://nachbelichtet.com/2012/09/05/apogee-video-mit-hinweis-auf-apple-logic-x/

To me it simply looks like a screen angle issue that's causing some inversion of the contrast/colors.

Unless Logic X looks EXACTLY like Logic 9, then that's Logic 9. Also... do they really think Apple would announce Logic X at the same press conference as the new iPhone? What are they thinking? :lol:

I however recognize the studio where this video was shot: it's the Berkeley studio (Bob Clearmountain's studio), where we have had some of our L.A. user group meetings! :D http://www.berkeleystreetstudio.com/

"Also look at the plugin inserted in the inspector. When i bypass a plugin it goes grey (same grey as the inspector colour) But here is a WHITE box. I've never seen that in logic before."

Library focus on a bypassed plug-in - and with the angle it looks brighter than it is so it looks as if the whole insert is white, but it isn't (look closely).

1117848858_Picture1.png.ada8e2296c0057f21ef7c7703687250c.png

"Also look at the plugin inserted in the inspector. When i bypass a plugin it goes grey (same grey as the inspector colour) But here is a WHITE box. I've never seen that in logic before."

Library focus on a bypassed plug-in - and with the angle it looks brighter than it is so it looks as if the whole insert is white, but it isn't (look closely).

[attachment=0]Picture 1.png[/attachment]

Yeah, i'll buy that....

Don't know if this was already posted:

http://nachbelichtet.com/2012/09/05/apogee-video-mit-hinweis-auf-apple-logic-x/

To me it simply looks like a screen angle issue that's causing some inversion of the contrast/colors.

Unless Logic X looks EXACTLY like Logic 9, then that's Logic 9. Also... do they really think Apple would announce Logic X at the same press conference as the new iPhone? What are they thinking? :lol:

I however recognize the studio where this video was shot: it's the Berkeley studio (Bob Clearmountain's studio), where we have had some of our L.A. user group meetings! :D http://www.berkeleystreetstudio.com/

Damn Dave, you're good. All that from a MacBook Pro and blurred background of a chair, a desk and possibly carpet? Wow... ever consider the private investigative field? :lol:

You know what. I give up. F*** this s***. I'll draw the extra nodes 0.0 - 0.1 - 0.0 dB volume automation and 0.71 - 0.75 - 0.71 High Cut Q-Factor etc in the beginning of my project x (times) all the freaking automation lanes I have in my project and be done with it, as I've done for several years now. Whatever, gets it done. I love Logic. I'll tune in Melodyne, time in Logic, no worries, get's it done. I'll use 3rd party synths and processors when Logic's don't cut it, this'n'that, shouldn't really hinder me from getting s**t done. Whatever.

It amazes me that this thread could have survived, 21 pages worth, for an entire year. Especially, when every single poster is absolutely clueless as to what is going on with the exception, of course, of David who has already put the finishing touches on the Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro X and Logic X for iPad / iPhone -and of course- Apple Pro Training Series: Beyond Logic Pro X and Logic X for iPad / iPhone... :lol:

It amazes me that this thread could have survived, 21 pages worth, for an entire year. Especially, when every single poster is absolutely clueless as to what is going on with the exception, of course, of David who has already put the finishing touches on the Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro X and Logic X for iPad / iPhone -and of course- Apple Pro Training Series: Beyond Logic Pro X and Logic X for iPad / iPhone... :lol:

i tried to pre-order the books on amazon, but they ONLY come as iPad/iphone books. and did you read the blurbs closely? LX ONLY runs on the iPad/iphone...

Here's what I can tell you about David's Logic X books... If anyone could write a book on Logic X that would offer the reader the utmost in transparency into the inner workings of Logic X, it would be David, for sure. And with experience of his previous Logic books under his belt, I would bet that his explanations would be nothing short of crystal clear and so easily digested -- like eating air -- that afterward you'd feel like you hadn't read anything at all.

:mrgreen: