ctrl-alt draw a rectangle behaviour (lens) [SOLVED]

tigermaster

he lens sucks now (control/alt draw a rectangle), it doesn not zoom the rectangle you draw anymore, instead it tries to vertically fit a single region to your screen, but if i need to see a portion of the upper region? (for example if i have to sync a couple of sounds) you have to move the scrolling whell to reach what you want, or fix the zoom manually to set your desired view, that sucks honestly, i waste a lot of time because of this. Also it doesn't works well because many times i draw a rectangle on a region i want to be zoomed and it zooms another region instead (the one below or over, dont' remember exactly)

is it possible to have the old behaviour back ? i would like to have the window that fit EXACTLY the box i have drawn like it was before.

it doesn not zoom the rectangle you draw anymore

It does here. It's not super precise (it never was) but it roughly expands the rectangle you draw to make it fill the workspace.

i would like to have the window that fit EXACTLY the box i have drawn like it was before.

I wish it was more precise too - but it behaves pretty much the same as before here... although I think I've noticed it being buggy maybe when using track stacks... are you using track stacks in that project?

• 1 year later...
they have partially fixed this in 10.1 but i prefer the old way when the zoom was zooming EXACTLY the rectangle i create with the mouse instead of trying to fit a track in the screen, it has happen already to me several times that i was going to edit the wrong region once zoomed in cause it has zoomed the region below.