extending audio regions for sync sake [SOLVED]

Lazy M Beats
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Hello,

Running into a headache trying to get my audio aligned properly. I have made a little vocal edit that I merged together into an audio file that is about a bar long but a little bit shorter. To sync up with the song the beginning of the audio has to start on some random beat position. I believe the position is (X 4 3 81) this of course being bar (X), beat, division, tick.

It is really annoying to have to drag the audio segment to this precise point to have it in sync. I realize that I could use the relative snap mode to drag it but I would just prefer to be able to lengthen the audio clip so that the beginning starts at (X 1 1 1). The problem is that I can't lengthen the audio clip because what i bounced out is much shorter.

Basically i want to be able to add silence to balance out the length of the region much like you would extend a MIDI region to fit wholly in one bar even though the MIDI notes might lie somewhere in the middle of the region.

I also realize that I could go back and add quiet parts to the front and tail ends of the clip until it is exactly a bar long and bounce it out again but it seems like there might be a more efficient way.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, thank you, you are right, it depends on the marque vs region start position, that's really really weird. On my system, it's actually like this:

-If the marquee selection starts before the region, I can BIP to the same track

-If the marquee selection starts same position as region, I can NOT BIP to the same track.

-If the marquee slection starts after the region, I can BIP to the same track

The marquee end position seems to have no difference.

This restriction makes no sense to me, it might be a bug? Or maybe, sloppy inconsistency :)

• 2 years later...
Hi.

Make a selection with the marquee tool.

Choose Bounce region in Place and include selected track. Done!

Unfortunately theres a small bug where the old region is not deleted even when that option is checked so make sure you delete it manually.

Or method number 2.

Pack a folder.

To the grid.gif

Can you believe that this bug is STILL here as of 10.3.2!?! Wow! The Logic engineers REALLY do not listen. I have seen bugs lingering literally year after year after year after year. Does anyone know why they don't fix things?