Easy Way to Remove Automation [SOLVED]

hansin33
Go to solution Solved by Blue Monkey,

Hi there 

Just wondering if anyone could tell me an easy way to remove one set of automation?

I thought it could be done by clicking the X when looking at the automated channels individually.

Apparently this just removes this automated channel from viewing.

I then thought by highlighting said automation this would easily remove it.(turning it white)

When I do this, the automation just goes to a straight line - not actually removed at all.

Several times I had ended up deleting the whole track trying to delete one single line of automation.

Thoughts, suggestions (and sympathy) would be great :-D

Sinead

Hiya, 

Thanks, I have used that; I only know how to use the "Delete All Automation on this Track" , i.e. when I want to delete all the automation.

What does the "Delete All Visual Automation"option mean?

As in what counts as "Visual"? If I were to be pedantic, all the automation is technically visible when it exists.

Apologies in advance if this is considered a stupid question.

Thanks again 

Sinead

• Solution

Delete Visible Automation on Selected Track means exactly what it says. In the attached screenshot you can see two automation lanes visible. If you use the Delete Visible Automation on Selected Track command it will delete both the Volume and Pan automation. If you click the disclosure triangle to the left of the Automation Mode pop-up menu to close the Pan lane it will not be visible and only the Volume automation will be deleted. If you wanted to delete only the Pan automation in this example you would keep the disclosure triangle closed and select Pan from the Automation Parameter pop-up menu and then select Delete Visible Automation on Selected Track to delete only the Pan automation.

2136551347_ScreenShot2016-12-25at9_58_05PM.png.796d261fa3da30e921a0621009a8e126.png

As in what counts as "Visual"? If I were to be pedantic, all the automation is technically visible when it exists.

As Blue Monkey said, it means the automation thats visible in separate lanes or the one in focus on your main track. So I guess that would be the one you're after if you want to delete, for example, Volume automation only.

• 3 years later...

I find you only need to click that numeric value. I realize the topic is 4 years old, maybe you had to ⌘click then.

Here's another tip:

1. In automation view, Command-click the numeric field in the track header: all automation on that lane is selected.
  2. Press Delete.