Drummer tracks greyed, unavail / drummers missing

timlanders
Go to solution Solved by Motam,

Suddenly I cannot use the drummer feature and I can't figure out why. When I start a new project the drummer track option is greyed and even when opening older projects the drummer track shows and is audible but I cannot see the "drummer", nor can I change "drummers", etc. This is very strange as nothing has changed on my system or software. If anybody has any thoughts or a fix I'd appreciate it very much.

I'm on a MacPro tower - Logic Pro X 10.0.4

777098857_ScreenShot2014-03-13at8_21_19PM.thumb.png.95efb1afeb388e551015d1aa8d50b8ab.png

screen shots of missing drummer and drummer track option greyed out

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. However in my case this problem has been present from the start.

When I create a drumtrack in Logic I only get two empty 8 bar-regions and the editor is grated out.

The same thing with garage band.

I am on LP 10.0.6 and OSX 10.9.2

Tried deleting the suggested prefs, but to no avail...

When I create a drumtrack in Logic I only get two empty 8 bar-regions and the editor is grated out.

What if you click the background to deselect all regions, then select one of the Drummer regions?

When I do that, the ruler bar of the editor lights up, but the rest of the editor remains greyed out.

• Solution

I had wonderful help from Apple support and my problem is solved: all I had to do was trash all the content of the Logic folder that is sitting in Library/Application Support. After that when Logic start it automatically downloads the content anew and then everything was solved.

So there seemed to have been some corruption in the downloaded content. :D

• 3 years later...