Loading Custom Patches

Josh.Cancon

Hey guys,

I have created a custom sound bank consisting of a set of folders (Drums, Kaeyboards, etc)

I now want to load sounds from these folders. How can I navigate to these folders in Logics Browser so I can load the patches?

Ps, my custom sound bank is in a different location to where Logic stores saved patches..

• 1 month later...

Hey David. Thanks for this. Sorry for the delayed response..

Am I right by saying; if I save all patches to Logics default file locations then they will be saved and organised in their Logic Software Instrument types..

So all the EXS patches will be saved to the EXS folder and all the ES2 patches will be saves to the ES2 folder.

The issue with this is that I would rather organised my sounds by sound/instrument type. So I want to put all my Synth sounds in a folder called "Synths" and all my bass sounds in a folder called "Bass" - regardless of which Logic Software Instrument created them.

Is there a workaround for this so I can store patches in the correct Logic file locations but still browse them in the preferred manor as set out above?

No. Patches and plug-in settings are 2 different things.

What David is saying is to use the default location for the channel strip type as root

Then you can create the subfolders of your liking.

Hey Eric. Im not sure I completely understand (patches, plugins, channel strips, etc..)

Are you saying I can basically create whatever custom folder directory I like, as long as it is placed in Logics route folder directory?