Easily add custom icons to Logic Pro X 10.4.2

funkfly

Hi,

I haven't noticed anyone posting about this before, but I have just discovered that now adding a custom icon to any channel in Logic has become super easy - simply drag the pic (even directly from a browser) on to the icon at the left of the channel, and that's it. The new custom icon is now assigned to this channel, and is also available from the Custom Icons sub menu when you right-click the icon on the channel.

Hi,

I haven't noticed anyone posting about this before, but I have just discovered that now adding a custom icon to any channel in Logic has become super easy - simply drag the pic (even directly from a browser) on to the icon at the left of the channel, and that's it. The new custom icon is now assigned to this channel, and is also available from the Custom Icons sub menu when you right-click the icon on the channel.

You really shouldn't use a PNG, or JPG but instead use a ICNS file format since the icon can actually be used in several places within Logic Pro X.

The different sizes within the ICNS will be used in the particular areas that would like a certain file size in Logic Pro X.

Read up on what I found regarding custom icons in Logic Pro X here.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/1139950-logic-icons-icns-file-format.html

What about setting up custom icons that automatically load with each instrument? I had this running a few years ago in Logic 7. I made some custom icons for es1, es2 etc and you named the .png files with discrete numbers - 237es1.png, 238es2.png etc. You then put the icons in user/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons. But I just tried this again and it didn't work. Is there a way to do this in Logic X?

What about setting up custom icons that automatically load with each instrument? I had this running a few years ago in Logic 7. I made some custom icons for es1, es2 etc and you named the .png files with discrete numbers - 237es1.png, 238es2.png etc. You then put the icons in user/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons. But I just tried this again and it didn't work. Is there a way to do this in Logic X?

This thread talks about that.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/857146-custom-logic-x-guis-thread.html

Bottom line, look for that default icon for es1, es2, etc... here and replace it to what you want.

Logic Pro X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources

This thread talks about that.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/857146-custom-logic-x-guis-thread.html

Bottom line, look for that default icon for es1, es2, etc... here and replace it to what you want.

Logic Pro X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources

Thank you. Do you know where in that thread (it's over 100 pages long)?

I had a browse through the A/Resources folder as best I could (I used the search too).

It has over 3,500 files in it, but I couldn't see any files in there with relevant names, eg es2,

that had the same icons that Logic loads with the instruments.

I can load my custom icons manually and save them as a set with my Autoload though, which is better than nothing.

Thank you. Do you know where in that thread (it's over 100 pages long)?

I had a browse through the A/Resources folder as best I could (I used the search too).

It has over 3,500 files in it, but I couldn't see any files in there with relevant names, eg es2,

that had the same icons that Logic loads with the instruments.

I can load my custom icons manually and save them as a set with my Autoload though, which is better than nothing.

If I was going to do this, I would first load an instrument on a track in Logic.

Mellotron.png.6de1796b72362a30e1eea423e951749a.png

Then I would note how the icon looks and then go to the resources folder and set Finder in scroll view (I think that's what it's called) and yes, you'll have to thumb thru to find the image.

Once you find it, save the image then replace it with your modified image.

I would make sure to use the same size as the original.

Imageview.png.551bf3c9e5d068bc1068594c7a803890.png

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

Edited by ValliSoftware