I hope Logic could catch up at NAMM!

Enrize

I mean...wow...just look at this! I'm jealous!

Bitwig 3 looks very cool indeed! However, I would be grateful for much less than that... better MIDI Transform implementation and Macros, as well as updating all of the older plugins. Either way, I'm excited to see what the future holds :)

I mean...wow...just look at this! I'm jealous!

Bitwig 3 looks very cool indeed! However, I would be grateful for much less than that... better MIDI Transform implementation and Macros, as well as updating all of the older plugins. Either way, I'm excited to see what the future holds :)

Fingers crossed!

Why? Looks like a switchboard, "early days of telephony" style, or 70ies, 80iers Korg 1 ton synths "overwhelm me with patchcables and panpots" style just to create pretentious shrieking sounds. I want a tape- and midirecorder with 255 tracks. Or 16 - should suffice for any good song. People with projects using 89763 tracks and 234856 connections between 348 complicated objects that have 2345 controls each: you are just showing off! Play some guitar or ukelele instead. Or just sing.

Dont' reply in any serious manner - please! :mrgreen:

Why? Looks like a switchboard, "early days of telephony" style, or 70ies, 80iers Korg 1 ton synths "overwhelm me with patchcables and panpots" style just to create pretentious shrieking sounds. I want a tape- and midirecorder with 255 tracks. Or 16 - should suffice for any good song. People with projects using 89763 tracks and 234856 connections between 348 complicated objects that have 2345 controls each: you are just showing off! Play some guitar or ukelele instead. Or just sing.

Dont' reply in any serious manner - please! :mrgreen:

Actually, there is something in your words...

234856 connections between 348 complicated objects that have 2345 controls each: you are just showing off!

Hah. This will teach ya!

eequalsmcsquare.thumb.jpg.a4780d161028dd899c7275842d1ac6df.jpg

That's a real Environment from a real Project, with a real band on stage. It actually works, and bug free on top.

Or just sing.

Here you go:

https://alonetone.com/fuzzfilth/playlists/songs/springt-der-hirsch.mp3

Bitwig is cool, but I don’t think Logic is attempting to catch up with it, it’s conceptually different and they both target different directions so I can’t really compare, I own Bitwig 2 thanks to some work I done a while back, and since then I’ve never used it.

For me, Logic is far more advanced in the areas I need, and any advancements I’d hope for would be looking at some of those in studio one and Cubase.

However, if you’re implying that Logics environment should get an overhaul to be a clean interface like Bitwig, then hell yeah!

Bitwig is cool, but I don’t think Logic is attempting to catch up with it, it’s conceptually different and they both target different directions so I can’t really compare, I own Bitwig 2 thanks to some work I done a while back, and since then I’ve never used it.

For me, Logic is far more advanced in the areas I need, and any advancements I’d hope for would be looking at some of those in studio one and Cubase.

However, if you’re implying that Logics environment should get an overhaul to be a clean interface like Bitwig, then hell yeah!

Yes, i just mean that i hope Logic could bring something awesome too. Soon.

234856 connections between 348 complicated objects that have 2345 controls each: you are just showing off!

Hah. This will teach ya!

eequalsmcsquare.jpg

That's a real Environment from a real Project, with a real band on stage. It actually works, and bug free on top.

Or just sing.

Here you go:

https://alonetone.com/fuzzfilth/playlists/songs/springt-der-hirsch.mp3

Wow. Hats off to whomever set that up. I do some pretty complex stuff for my live show in the environment, but wow. Logic really is a good live tool if you put the time in to it.

Actually it's 19 Layers of Environment crammed into one just to show off, as Erik requested.

It's my main acoustic- and e-drum rig, running on a MacbookPro. I use it in two bands. Since we're mainly playing small venues, it's unrealistic to expect local "soundguys" to put significantly more effort into it than opening the door and supplying electrical power. So we decided to take care of that ourselves.

This thing can:

- Mix 24 live tracks to FoH and five independent Monitor and/or In-Ear systems

- Record 24 live tracks

- Mix those 24 tracks later at home

- Map a Roland SPD MIDI pad with 9 pads, snare trigger, kick trigger and two foot switches to any one of 12 VIs which contain either self created samples ranging from the proverbial cowbell over flown-in bvox samples to a full fletched backing track, or conventional drum modules like Addictive Drums or special collections of thai gongs or what-have-you. It's about 1500 sounds in immediate reach.

- Save up to 64 Snapshots of all Sends and their targets' reverb and delay settings

- Recall those Snapshots either per song (via pad) or punctually to get a long trailing delay on just one word or even syllable (via footswitch)

- Save the mentioned Maps and Snapshots into a visible Set List, triggered either via pad or footswitch

- For practicing at home and for other work outside the bands, map an optional Drumit3 eDrum module's 23 channels to those 12VIs and save/recall these settings in another Map, also recallable by either foot switch or trigger bar.

- Trigger page flipping of a more elaborate list of cheat sheets in Skim to visualize song structures for work outside the bands, like in a musical.

- Create audible clicks routed to the in-ears

- Create visible clicks which flash on screen

All screens are optimized to make best use of the screen of the MBP to easily see at a glance what's going on during a performance.

Here's the front end for a band with the SPD doing all electric drum duties:

band.png.1f7a97e9ab7d33245ac1fc6333f0833e.png

Here's the same but with the SPD and the eDrum in focus

1425672938_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-01um10_09_35.png.eb2f1cafaebed36c6283bdc2521b3355.png

Here's the quick&dirty In-Ear and FoH-Mixer, (finer control is possible with Logic's actual mixer, this requires an extra soundman with an iPad)

mixer.thumb.png.70adc63f7335ef9772ef52a049cd945a.png

All 24 Ins and 16 Outs come from a portable stack of MOTU interfaces. Since the setup is literally identical wherever we play, the In-Ear sound is always ready. We can connect to FoH either via a stereo sum or with stems. All Inputs can be split from the stagebox so a sound guy can do whatever he wants independently and not worry about our monitors.

Also, look here for an early version:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137496

Edited by fuzzfilth

All I want is retina everything (especially waveforms in the arrange window), and different metering scales available for the mixer. Oh, and auto-coloration of tracks. Some interface customization would be nice.

Oh yeah, and here's a big one - having the option to have newly recorded tracks positioned either pre- or post-output latency, i.e. if I have significant latency on the stereo output (as is usually the case late in production), and I want to record a track with direct monitoring on my audio interface, it will line up timing-wise as I heard it while recording, not pushed back 388ms or whatever the hell my total RTL is with master bus processing.

You get all this Apple? Cool. You have a week to make it so.

Waveforms are already in Retina. It was fixed in 10.3 I believe. I was reported it several times since 10.0 and they fixed it. If you compare it with 10.0 you’ll ser it was so blurry before.

Anyways i hope they will make retina UI for every instruments. This is my biggest wish also

What i'd like:-

Being able to select specific 'INPUT' Midi Devices and Channels per track would mean so much to me, such a basic requirement too! :(

Also MIDI FX which sits before the sequencer would be most welcome. i.e. so if you're using an arp it records the arp as midi notes so you can adjust them by hand if you wish. The Midi Freeze plugin works well, but it's not the same. OR Make MIDI FX available to the environment so you can place it inline.

I'd also love to see some kind of analog style crosstalk across the mixer channels built in to Logic itself to help glue a mix together, I really love that feature in Studio One. Some people think it's snake oil, but i really like it.

Improvements to flex pitch - to me, it's not of the quality to be fully useable in the way that Melodyne is, and as i only have the lower version of Melodyne i kinda wish Logic was stronger in that area.

As a bonus i'd love to see how they (Apple/Logic team) would implement a chord track/music theory for song composition.. I regularly use Studio One and Cubase on other machines, and i'm yet to feel the need to use their implementation.... But on my DAW of choice (LPX), perhaps i would make use of it. I really don't know, hence why it would be a welcome bonus. I'd also love for those guitar chord diagrams that you can get on the score editor to be viewable from a chord track.

Oh, and the region bug fixed too. That's the only bug i experience with any regularity. :)

What i'd like:-

Also MIDI FX which sits before the sequencer would be most welcome. i.e. so if you're using an arp it records the arp as midi notes so you can adjust them by hand if you wish. The Midi Freeze plugin works well, but it's not the same. OR Make MIDI FX available to the environment so you can place it inline.

:)

I'm pretty sure you can do this now, cable out from the instrument in the Mixer and feed that to the sequencer input.

I'd like to see more options for sending Midi Clock other than 1, 2, or all. I've got a loop somewhere in my rig that causes some of my hardware to multiply the clock. I know I could fix it with A: more troubleshooting or 2: MidiPipe, but I haven't wanted to take the time away from working on music.

A way to directly record audio from the External Instrument plug would be nice.