Fast workflows for opening all plugins on a track and arranging the windows

jaysunice

I did a bit of googling/searching, but could not find anything to my satisfaction. Basically, I am looking for a fast workflow for the following:

1. Open all the plug-ins (ideally active-only) on a track.

2. Arrange the plugin windows so they are not overlapping (sitting on top of each other).

I am aware of the key commands "V" and "Command + `" but this does not get me all the way there.

Any workarounds?

Unfortunately, I do not believe window management tools/apps (e.g. Divvy, Moom, Magnet) can help in this case because the window type of a plug-in is different.

Unfortunately, I do not believe window management tools/apps (e.g. Divvy, Moom, Magnet) can help in this case because the window type of a plug-in is different.

Yeah, I just tried this with Better Touch Tool. I'm unable to move the plugins too, unless I manually click on the plugin window and then drag. I do have a gesture set up on BTT where I swipe down and it Opens/Closes the plugin window so it isn't that painful for me! It would be cool to be able to arrange the plugin windows and make an entire macro for it though... so I get what you're saying.

Well as far as #1 goes you could assign the key commands "Open/Close Plug-in Window of focused Track", and using keyboard maestro you could create a macro to open multiple plug-ins in one go.

So I should have been more clear, when I say "plug-in" I should have said audio unit / effect. For example, say there's a "Channel EQ" + "Compressor" + "Delay" on an audio track. Does this change the workaround or answer?

While this does not answer your question, i'm checking that you're aware that Smart controls can be configured to work across multiple plugins if you save them as a channel strip for future use?

i.e. if you're trying to simulate a unified Channel Strip control with Compressor/EQ settings. You can save the base configuration with Smart Controls pre-mapped for each plugin within one Smart Control display.

Thanks skijumptoes -- yes, I am aware of Smart Controls. Really, what I'm looking for is a quick way to pull up all the associated plug-ins for any given track without them "stacking" and "hiding" one another. For example, if there were 6 plug-ins on an audio or instrument track, they would open in a grid of six windows (two rows of three distributed evenly across the screen). I could then hit "V" to toggle/hide them.

Really, what I'm looking for is a quick way to pull up all the associated plug-ins for any given track without them "stacking" and "hiding" one another.

Then so far you can do one half of what you're asking: quickly pull up all associated plug-ins for any given track.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to avoid the windows stacking or hiding each other.

• 2 years later...