Please suggest the easiest way for Logic to "find" my Logic Sound Library (moved previously using symbolic links)

D.D. Jackson
Go to solution Solved by D.D. Jackson,

At some point I moved my Logic Pro sound library to an external drive (prior to when it was possible to do so directly from within Logic), using symbolic links (though admittedly can't remember exactly the procedure). They are now here (on my external drive):

283026743_ScreenShot2019-06-21at5_38_19PM.png.416f4882cc29d90c3a58eeefa987a086.png

However, within Logic, when I try and access my library (such as the different built-in Drumkits, etc.), I see only this:

310661121_ScreenShot2019-06-21at5_38_35PM.thumb.png.c2b47a01eb0b4519c4d6e765373b138e.png

so I presume somehow the link to the location of my sound library somehow got lost at some point. My question: what is the easiest way to let Logic know where my Sound Library is? I've tried the new "Relocate Sound Library" option, but when I select this, a window opens prompting me to select where I wish to move the library, and the external drive is greyed out (ie. I can't select it), with the message "Sound Library files located here".

I'm fine with deleting the sound library files everywhere they exist and then presumably subsequently being prompted by Logic to re-install everything, and then (after download) trying to move it to that external drive again (etc), but just wasn't sure if this was the best way to go about things. Thanks for any help -

- rj

My only concern is not knowing exactly what I should delete (including references to all sound libraries). For example, would deleting these files on my external drive (which no longer are "seen" by Logic):

494502919_ScreenShot2019-06-21at5_38_19PM.png.2e1001fdc40d32d611c1f8b6bfde3356.png

and any similar files on my main hard drive be enough to allow me to re-download everything and then subsequently move the content back to the above external drive (using "Relocate Sound Library"? I ask because right now when I select "Relocate Sound Library", a window opens prompting me to select where I wish to move the library, and the external drive I wish to move things to is greyed out (ie. I can't select it), with the message "Sound Library files located here". I'm presuming that by deleting the existing Sound Library there, Logic will "know" to allow me to ultimately move the newly-re-downloaded Sound Library to that external drive? (just checking).

Thanks again -

- rj

• Solution

Thanks - and worked like a charm! By deleting (or re-naming) the "Library" folder on my external drive (where the Logic folder resided in the Application Support folder there), I was able to use Logic's move library feature to move it to the same drive once more (it was no longer initially greyed out as before).

Best -

- rj