Alesis vi49 setup in Logic pro x

Piskotek

Dear collegues,

I just bought the alesis VI49 and I intent to use it with Logic pro x. My connection is direct to the mac pro usb cable. I intend to use it as external keyboard device but I can't get sound out of my M-audio Speakers that are connected direct to mac pro. Midi setup sees alesis vi49. Can anybody guide me throught the setup procedure? Should be plug and play and than choos software instrumets...I don't have input sound available for choosing...

I went to setup, preferences audio, midi... but nothing worked...I see green audio indicator moving when pressing the keyboard but no sound coming from the speakers...

Any idea.

Thx for replay. I tested the VI on Ableton Live software that comes with the VI. There i get the sound out when playing software instrument on VI keyboard.

BUt Logic is mute...When I check the the setup in Logic there is no Alesis VI49 listed amoung many midi keyboard controlers to add. But the logic does see VI. Should I reset all and delete Vi driver that come with the product. And just plug the VI in to USB and make it without drivers.

No driver needed.

Are you new to Logic?

You're sure you're using a software instrument track not a midi track?

If you put a midi loop on your software instrument track do you hear the loop?

If yes to all, create a guest user account, use the built-in audio, launch Logic, create a default software instrument track, play the keyboard. What's the results? Still nothing? Then, maybe post a request on the Alesis user forum?

And BTW please add your signature with your specs.

Sorry for the late up date. When I put the MP3 on the track or click it I hear the sound coming from the speakers. When I open virtual keyboard no sound...no audi green bar moving. And yes I use software instrument track. I hear the loops.