Alesis Strike Pro set up

BenMit

Hi,

I am a very new user of Logic so please excuse my naivety.

I am having significant difficulty connecting my Alesis Strike Pro to Logic via USB and Midi to USB.

It seems that Logic does not recognise all the control surfaces (ie toms, cymbals hihats etc) from the Strike Pro. In other words, some of the drums are recognised by Logic some are not.

Is there a foolproof, step by step guide to connecting a Strike Pro to Logic via USB/Midi? I am currently using a Focusrite audio interface to connect to Logic which works well but records in waveform but not Midi blocks.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ben

What I would do is, in Logic's main window, in the Control bar at the top, click the little down arrow to the right in the LCD Display, and choose Custom. Now where it says "No in" is a MIDI input monitor. When you play one of your kit pieces, you should see what MIDI event it sends.

Then program the Alesis to send what Logic expects to see to trigger the desired kit pieces in Logic. For example if you want to trigger Drum Kit Designer in Logic, you need the Alesis to send MIDI Note On events on the pitches indicated in the following tables:

IN_L0036_BrushSnare.png