Can't preview loops

pearldrum944

Please consider adding your Logic version and system info to your signature: Read Me Before Posting - Forum Guidelines (#5)

One thing you should know and that may help in your troubleshooting is that when you use preview buttons like the one in the Loops Browser, the sound is routed to a channel Strip called "Preview", that is usually hidden. To see this channel strip and check its output routing, open the Mixer and click the "All" button in the Mixer title bar.

Okay, so I do not have a prelisten track in my session. But to preview a file I MUST hit play in the session to hear them. I am also using DAE and DTDM. Which should the prelisten channel be? I don't get any output if I make a new DAE track with a high number, I do if I make a DTDM. Even if I mute this channel I still get preview (if the session is running.)

Even in a brand new session with a prelisten track, I can't preview loops without have the session playing.

• 7 months later...