Any Automator Experts Here?

I'd like to use Automator (if possible) to do this:

• export audio to movie from Logic to a specific location (my key command is SHIFT+CMD+E)

• have Automator perform Return on the three dialog boxes that will appear

• have that movie then open in QT Pro

• select the Share function

• set the file size to "large"

• add "(m)" to the filename

• perform the Share function

Any help would be most appreciated, as I don't have time to learn Automator programming, but would like this kind of functionality. THANKS!

I only know how to automate in the photoshop realm... not going to be much help here... I am interested in this type of automation though I will look into it if I get a chance... young children, pregnant wife... you know the drill... I only get snapshots of time to do audio work...

interested as well if anyone else knows about this...

Curtis

• 1 month later...

Hello there!

So a couple of days ago a friend of mine told me about this free/open source scripting program called Sikuli developed by MIT.

Its most interesting feature is that it allows you to write visual scripts using screen-shots! :shock:

So I decided to check it out. Since I don't usually do any annoying repetitive tasks in my computing, I didn't know what to try it out with.

Then I remembered reading this post and thought it would be interesting to try and do what Ski wanted to accomplish.

So after trying different approaches I ended up with this script:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2755/4314999538_cb0b478ab2.jpg

I've also uploaded a

of the script in action (in real time), and added a detailed explanation of what's going on in the info text. I didn't use a real project with this, just a short movie file I had laying around.

So Ski, (and others interested) if you still haven't found another way to do what you wanted to do, this may be a good alternative. It's extremely easy to write scripts with this thing (and you can do a lot already with the one above).

The ability to work with screen-shots is just nuts.

Enjoy!

J.

Hello there!

So a couple of days ago a friend of mine told me about this free/open source scripting program called Sikuli developed by MIT.

Its most interesting feature is that it allows you to write visual scripts using screen-shots! :shock:

So I decided to check it out. Since I don't usually do any annoying repetitive tasks in my computing, I didn't know what to try it out with.

Then I remembered reading this post and thought it would be interesting to try and do what Ski wanted to accomplish.

So after trying different approaches I ended up with this script:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2755/4314999538_cb0b478ab2.jpg

I've also uploaded a

of the script in action (in real time), and added a detailed explanation of what's going on in the info text. I didn't use a real project with this, just a short movie file I had laying around.

So Ski, (and others interested) if you still haven't found another way to do what you wanted to do, this may be a good alternative. It's extremely easy to write scripts with this thing (and you can do a lot already with the one above).

The ability to work with screen-shots is just nuts.

Enjoy!

J.

Wow this is really cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...