HELP! Playhead draws black in piano roll, score...

ThenCameNow

The playhead has begun to draw vertical black bands in piano roll, score and hyper editor. I have completely rebuilt a new project with same audio files and still does the same. No instruments or plugins are installed, only audio but I need to start writing MIDI and now this. I have attached a screenshot.

Any help please?

217086207_Picture1.jpg.2b274666aae00ed0f2987a7f484fa6cc.jpg

Does it do this before you add the audio files?

Does it do this when you add a particular audio file or just after the first one?

Anything special you are doing to the audio files you are adding (Like beat matching for example)?

Do you have lots of changes in your global settings like tempo changes for example?

When you zoom in on the piano roll, do the lines get further apart?

1. No. The audio files are all 48k/24bit and appear clean, i.e. they have no problems in QT and have all proper info in the info window.

2. After the first one.

3. No alterations on the audio files.

4. This is a fresh file with tempo changes etc, just the simplest file with audio and no plugins.

5. Lines go away completely when zooming and re-appear upon next play.

I will start a new file and add each audio file separately to see if one of them is corrupt.

I thought this may be a common problem but perhaps not. I can't figure why an audio file would do this to the playhead in the piano roll.

I will start a new file and add each audio file separately to see if one of them is corrupt.

Yes, try that... It sounds like a pretty weird issue that I haven't come across.... Trying to think of what else might be causing the lines... but so far, nothing else comes to mind...