Fade in Audio Tracks on Logic Express 9

dsharpdavis

Hi there. Total Noob here. I'm finding basic functions in L E 9 quite difficult. I have used other audio programs in the past, without much hassle. I can't fade-in audio tracks. I have used the help menu, but the answer provided simply doesn't work. Changing to the fade tool, and then dragging over the start of the region highlights it in green, and then nothing happens. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? I'm getting really frustrated! Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Try setting the Fade tool as your 'command' tool. once you have done this holding down the CMD button should switch the primary function of your mouse into a crossfade function.

Keep the CMD button held down and Try dragging a fade onto the start of the region again. This should work...

What scott jackson said is also another great way of creating a fade, It gives you a lot more flexibility with being able to create as many nodes as you like. Automating volume that way is Track automation, not region automation.

Good Luck :)