Score Editor - Minimum Bars Per Line

H.W.

Adjust the number to what you think is a good average number per line for your score, and then layout tool (hollow arrow) or the line break items (from the part box) to adjust the bar count for each line as needed. You adjust the number of bars up or down per line quite easily using the layout tool.

TIP: whenever formatting your score for any number of measures per line, be sure to create a score set first, and then make sure that the score display you're working on has that score set selected.

Personally I never adjust that value. I generally leave it at zero and I adjust the bar count as I mentioned above.

Oh, sorry, I totally spaced the fact that you were on Logic 7. So...

No, you won't find the page and line break symbols in there. Those were added in Logic 8. Your choices, then, are to set a number in the max. bars/line and/or use the layout tool to manually adjust them in the score.

• 6 years later...
I can't figure out how to assign the lines per page and still have them fill the page. Using the layout tool, I got 16 lines per page, but they were all crowded into the top left part of the page. I would like to have them sized to fill up the page. How do I do this?

Sorry for the late response.. I inadvertently responded to the wrong thread last week. Any chance you can upload your logic project and I will give you the exact steps to correct - I suspect you will have to reset the line layout - use a score set and size with the scale option - then tweek with the min bars or layout tool.