Jazz Font not displaying correctly

adamjhoward

Not sure if I have done this the correct way. I bought a jazz font for the score display some time ago. I have just re-installed logic pro 9 on to my new snow leopard system. Obviously, this new logic didn't have the jazz fonts in the folder, so I just copied the old jazz.bmap, .suit and .ttf files from my old system drive to the new fonts folder. Logic displays the jazz font, but not as it should (looks messy). What have I done wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

A

Not sure if I have done this the correct way. I bought a jazz font for the score display some time ago.

It is not realistic to expect old 3rd party font products to work with current Mac OS systems. I did the same thing some years back - found a font I liked on the net and it worked for a while on that operating system .. it was early OSX

Another problem I had which caused me not to use that font any more was that I would print parts with weird extra ledger lines all over the place. The only cure is to use only current Mac fonts and in the Logic Preferences do not add 3rd party fonts.. if you buy something make sure the manufacturer guarantees it is compatible with your current system

HTH

MS