Key Signature: "This object is protected"

steveastanga

I would like to change a key signature, but can't do so as when I double click it in the Global Tracks drop down, the default setting has protected it.

Could you tell me how I can make it possible to just double click it and put in the key signature that I want to work in please?

Hi

Sounds to me that you may have enabled the Track Protect feature for the Signature track?

If you have a green padlock visible in the Global Track header, click on it to turn it off.

If the padlock is NOT visible, you may have to enable the Track Protect function: Control Click on the Track Header in the Arrange (NOT the Global Track Header), and enable the Protect function.

You should then be able to turn off 'Protect' for the Signature track.

HTH

CCT

Lock.png.a4a187da55c7d65665e066af6b6add8a.png

The topic caught my attention because I got the same error message the other day the first time. However the track wasn't protected.

Somehow it didn't let me delete the Signature from the Global track but I could delete it from the Event list. I thought it was just a temporary hiccup, but now I'm wondering if other users had the same message.

• 1 year later...
I am trying to move a region from 1 track to another but I get the message that I cant move it since the track has been protected.I disabled the protect function after reading CCTs post here but I still get the same message.The region is a loop taken from the Bin.How do I move the loop to a different track?