audio files changed in length

john1192

hi all,

i got this error this morning and have had a it a few times in the past but not sure why or what is happening. anyone see this error message ?

"One or Multiple Audio files changed in length, as a result 11 audio regions changed in length or position"

thank you

john

It means you've changed the length of your audio files, for example by optimizing or somehow destructively editing them in another Logic project, or in another app, without this particular project file being aware of it.

So when you open the project, it tries to recreate regions from audio files, only it cannot find the same number of samples in those audio files as when it was saved, so it pops up that alert.

hi david,

sorry i did not see or get an email notice of your reply due to my .MAC mail being screwed up yesterday ...

thank you ...i understand now that files can be tied across several projects ...

is there anything like pro tools unique file name to help avoid this ... or is that not a valid question. as maybe this has nothing to do with file names ..

cheers

is there anything like pro tools unique file name to help avoid this ... or is that not a valid question. as maybe this has nothing to do with file names ..

Well it simply has to do with the file itself: if a project uses a file that is 136,248 samples long, and upon loading it finds the file to be 127,318 samples long (because while the project was closed the file was shortened by another project or another app), then it will pop up that alert.