Brush drums? (SOLVED)

Is there any in logics sounds, I can't seem to find them if they are there. Ive tried ultrabeat and exs24 libraries and nothing :(

Other than that does anyone know for any free ones, I don't fancy paying for a sample pack for just 1 sample :)

Edited by rhys

Found it :)

Only thing is its the wrong kind of brush sound, Im after the sound of when the snare is half hit with the brush (you know where you strike the snare softish with the weight of the brush and then stroke back) rather than completely brushed with the brush but its got some hats and rides which are really nice, Cheers

I can't find it, what happened about 6 months ago was I wanted all the little kits that I had mad in projects over the years so I did a search in finder on .esx and put everything in my exs folder from all my projects. Now some of the content is missing and I don't want to reinstall content only to mess it all up again. Whats the name of one or two of the samples, maybe I can find them through finder? the word brush finds nothing :(

I have used the brush Eric mentioned and it works great but it would be good to have in the future as I'm always looking for some percussion to fill the upper mid area, I find the sound of a brush perfect because of its timbre it doesn't sound honky in that frequency range and sits pretty well even in some dance music. I mix it so you can hardly hear it, it just gives it that extra something, I suppose shakers do the same thing but they get tiresome.

I can't find it, what happened about 6 months ago was I wanted all the little kits that I had mad in projects over the years so I did a search in finder on .esx and put everything in my exs folder from all my projects. Now some of the content is missing and I don't want to reinstall content only to mess it all up again. Whats the name of one or two of the samples, maybe I can find them through finder?

YT-SD-01

But you must include system files.

763161116_pic2012-08-10at20_26_20.PNG.fa214bc7f5c1e674fa175e0d1cff3019.PNG

• 4 months later...

Hi

Can you tell me what you did exactly in altering the start time.. I've been trying for hours and can't get a nice soft brush sound.

Help would me much appreciated .

Re: Brush drums? (SOLVED)

by rhys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:51 am

I managed to get the sound by altering the start time on the EXS24, Thanks again

Logic 9.1.6, OSX 10.7.2, 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz

I can't really remember if I'm honest and it has since been bounced but.... it was probably adjustment of the start time from the exs24 main interface not from the editor, I do this a lot. I just link the start time to "maximum" and theres your adjustment.

If I remember correctly the sample had too much attack but I didn't want the effect of the envelope attack so I just used the sample with the start missing to just get a light brush effect. There may of been some other stuff like amp envelope adjustment etc but nothing special.