How do I erase pitch bend messages? [SOLVED]

andyr

There were notes in a MIDI part I played that were bent out of tune. I don't know how it happened - I don't think I touched the mod wheel while playing. Anyway, when I delete these notes and record new ones, the new ones are still bent. It seemed to me that I should be able to open up the media/lists/pitch bend tabs, find the notes and "unbend" them. I tried changing the value of the pitch bends to 0 but it made the notes go even further out of tune. So, I've deleted the notes , but in the part of the region where they were, I can see white vertical lines, which, I think, signify the pitch bend message? Actually, I'm not sure of that, because when I look through the entire region there are lots of those white lines in places where I didn't do any pitch-bending.

Anyway, my question is, how do I erase the pitch bend information or message, so that I can record the last few notes of my song in tune?

Thanks!

Andy

Scott, I deleted all the pitch bends. Now the whole track is out of tune. When I play the instrument with the Caps Lock keyboard, it's in tune. It plays an octave lower and I don't know how (or if it's possible) to change the octave. But sticking to the more important issue at hand, I guess this means there is something amiss with my Axiom 25? I've turned it off and on, and while it was off, I unplugged the USB cable from the controller, then plugged it back in. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the Axiom. Do you have any suggestions?

• 9 years later...
The instrument was in the state of the last MIDI Pitch bend event it received, and since you deleted all your pitch bend events, it wasn't receiving any new event and stayed at that wrong pitch. It just needed its pitch to be reset.

Yes, thanks so much.

By the way, David, what would be the best way to delete say half a track's midi modulation. Is it a case of writing over what you don't want?