Crashing on Bounce! [SOLVED]

NewAndImprov

I've had this issue since last Friday. Every time I try to bounce down a project, Logic gives me the spinning beach ball of death. Logic was in 64 bit mode when the problem started, but switching to 32 bit doesn't make any difference. It does it even if there are no plugins in the entire project, even if I try to bounce out just one audio track. It does it whether I click the Bounce button on the output channel strip (which is how I usually work), or if I select Bounce from the file menu. I have clients waiting on rough mixes from a session on Friday, and this is getting really frustrating!

I had been having the Plugin lag problem after I upgraded to 10.8 in January, but I installed 10.8.3 as soon as it was available, and that bug went away. The computer had been totally stable until Friday, and I have not been able to bounce ever since, despite several hundred tries, reboots, etc.

Help, please!

Computer: Early 2009 Quad Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro, 8 GB Ram.

Logic 9.1.8

2XUAD2 Solo PCI cards

MOTU 828 mk3

To what drive are you bouncing to?

A 2nd internal drive that holds all my ongoing Logic projects. The projects play back fine, everything in Logic seems to be working perfectly, until I try to bounce. I don't even get the option to choose a bounce location and file name, as soon as I click on the Bounce button in the output channel strip, I get the beachball of death, and have to force-quit Logic.

• 1 year later...
thnx for that tip. I got the one file, but not the lockfile. I deleted it and restarted my Mac.... boom. crashed again. To give you a bit perspective. I re installed my m audio profire2626 driver, then all the crashing started. Ive tried removing the soundcard completely. Still same problem. Maybe there is some other reason why I cannot see the lockfile?

The lock file was part of an older revision of OS X. It's ok if you don't find it in 10.9.

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.6)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.2)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Please start a new topic and include your crash log as this seems unrelated to the thread.

Thanks,

Eric

• 1 year later...
You most certainly have those files, the problem is that they are hidden by default since 10.7.

In the Finder hold down the Option key while navigating through the Go menu. You will then be able to access the user Library folder.

Hi, I am unable to find those files as well. I have held down the option key on both my Mac Book and i Mac...and no files including the word "logic" even appear in those preferences . Any Thoughts? I'm crashing at every save, attempt to open file, and bounce.

• 3 months later...

Hi Eric,

I started experiencing the same problem a couple hours, any project current or old, when trying to save, and then when I choose a file location it crashes, or if I try to bounce it crashes. I tried your advice on a previous reply I was able to find the: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist file and I deleted it. I never found the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist.lockfile the problem is still happening. Can you please give me advice on what to do or try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

-Will

Hi Will!

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.2.2)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X El Capitan 10.11.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface Pro)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Hi Eric,

I started experiencing the same problem a couple hours, any project current or old, when trying to save, and then when I choose a file location it crashes, or if I try to bounce it crashes. I tried your advice on a previous reply I was able to find the: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist file and I deleted it. I never found the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist.lockfile the problem is still happening. Can you please give me advice on what to do or try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

-Will

This is an older thread.The lock file was moved out of the preference folder in later versions of OS X and 10.11 got rid of it.

Are you saving to an external drive to system drive?

Have you tried saving to the desktop?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Not so sure this is solved.  I'm having the issue too in LP9.  I trashed all preferences and restarted the mac.  Bouncing works, but as soon as you pick a folder it crashes.  I'll try in LPX and report back.  ** UPDATE :  Trashing LP9 preferences didn't fix it.  Oddly, trashing those AND LPX preferences seems to have fixed it in LP9.  Fluke?