EXS24 doesn't see user-specific sample instruments

KZB

Bottom Line:

Logic Pro X 10.2.0 EXS24 doesn’t see Sample Instruments in my user-specific /Library folder but only those in the global /Library folder.

But Logic Pro 9.1.8 EXS24 can see both.

Background:

I had my mid-2010 27" iMac running OS X 10.8.5 and Logic Pro 9.1.8 (as well as Logic Studio 7) I upgraded to El Capitan without incident. I bought and installed Logic Pro X from the App Store without incident.

The Logic Pro X EXS24 instruments menu shows only the Instruments that are in the global folder:

Macintosh/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments

The Logic Pro 9 EXS24 instrument menu shows the Instruments that are in both the user-specific AND global folders.

The instrument menu show the structure of:

Macintosh/Users/Me/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments

It adds an entry listed as “Factory” under which it places the Instruments found in:

Macintosh/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments.

If I load a Logic Pro 9 project that uses some of the Instruments found in the User-specific directory in Logic Pro X, Logic Pro X reports errors that it can’t find the instruments and gives no opportunity to “find” them and opens up the project with a bunch of default sine wave sounds loaded in place of the missing instruments.

You can see in my attachments the two Directories with the Global Directory on the left and the User-specific on the right.

I have also attached a picture of the EXS24 Instrument Menu under Logic Pro X and Logic Pro 9.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

KZB

862550821_ScreenShot2015-11-29at7_20_49PM.thumb.png.239a2abe6560a527a0c00b26bbb7eb56.png

Comparison of Global and User Specific File Structure

944443194_ScreenShot2015-11-29at7_18_09PM.png.73f9bb1d30554a05cb23fa6e8134ae66.png

The Logic Pro X 10.2.0 Instrument Menu

257645672_ScreenShot2015-11-29at7_19_39PM.thumb.png.4c672b4538894cc63ada47056b673116.png

The Logic Pro 9.1.8 Instrument Menu

Thanks for following up. That folder is empty. It seems that Logic X just doesn't "see" the folder in the User etc. file path. weird.

I appreciate the link to the article. I had found it while trying to troubleshoot the issue, but no luck.

This doesn't even "ask" for help finding the missing instruments when Logic X launches. I think that behavior works when it knows where the instruments are but has lost track of the samples...kind of like when it loses the location of an audio file.

All the additional content is installed.

I am just puzzled why Logic 9 sees them but Logic X doesn't.

I suppose I can try moving them into the ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments folder, but they are really just mostly Logic Factory Instruments from previous versions (Logic Studio 7 - 9).

Thanks for your reply Eric!

The "missing content" is in the Macintosh/Users/Me/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments folder.

Are you saying that forcing Logic to recreate the ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/ folder will reconnect the local sampler instruments?

Thanks,

K