Desactivate screenshots (to mark serial)

jus_par

Hi! New in the forum....

One first question to you all: I have a new VST that I want to install, buy when I want to mark the serial, I can not touch numbers, because when I do, the screenshot changes.

I canot open the VST without logic

How can I desactivate the screenshots so that I can write some numbers?

thank you...

:wink:

Yeah, an occasional pain in the ass with a few plug-ins that don't negotiate key-capture successfully in Logic. One way is to type the serial number in another app, such as a word processor -- or if you're desparate I suppose you could use a track-name field or something else in Logic. Anyway, once you've typed it, COPY it. Then (maybe) you can PASTE it into the field in the VST.

Otherwise, you could download the freeware VSTLord, which is a lightweight VST host that is unlikely to mess with your keystrokes.

http://arne.knup.de/?page_id=32 <-- VSTLord

I don't suppose your VST can be run as standalone? (Some can, that would obviously save you a lot of hassle...)

Wait... VST? Is this an old version of Logic on PC or something? Or is this a misuse of the term VST where you really mean "plugin" or "AudioUnit?"

Good point, I assume we're actually talking about an AU in a current/recent version of Logic.

Anyway, the problem seems to be solved -- would be good to know which solution worked for the OP.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Here is my solution..

As weird as it may sound...

I tried copy past from the text edit to the plugin in logic, but it did´t work.

Then I copy past from my text edit to my browser, copy past from my browser to my pluggin (not VST, sorry...) in logic, and it worked...

the magic of computers...

Thank you all again

Here is another workaround:

Create a set of keycommands without any numbers or single letters.

Store this , to bring up when you have to type in a lot of serials, eg when setting up Logic on a new System.

To create a "blank" keycommand list:

-open keycommands

-export under "empty" or whatever

-show used

-expand all

-learn by

-press backspace (until there is a noneditble kommand or the segment ends)

Export again under the same name ( overwrite) to make shure all is being saved.

Credits for this go to Melino, of "Logicuser.de" and Meiermueller who put it into the FAQ there.

Greetings

Nick.

@David: could you please change the spelling of this threads titel, so it can be found better for future use.

Feel free to edit my post for the correct terms.