So..who's gonna buy the new upcoming MacPro for Logic use ?

New MacPro models coming in august.

SSD Drive support.

So maybe buy it with 3 SSD drives ; one for system, one for samples, one for logic projects.

That would surely kill the dreaded "audio overload" message in Logic .. :0)

So just kidding guys, but i am quite anxious about these new models.

Interesting to hear what ya all have to say about this !

Kind regards,

Rob.

I will be purchasing one, just haven't decided which one, either the new 6 core or a dual Quad. I have been waiting for these updates for what seems like forever. Now if they would just say what day in August ........

also can't wait to get my hands on the new Magic Trackpad.. Good bye mouse.

I am too, the new Mac Pro is gonna be replacing my couple years old macbook pro that can't keep up anymore with my latest projects when it comes to RAM and cpu :) Perfect timing for me with the release of new Mac Pro's !

EDIT:

Found EOL Mac Pro 4.1 cheap so i went for that.

Edited by teta

A Quote from Ski here on a post I recently made:

IMO, don't get too excited. Apple's hardware has always been ahead of their software. And by the time Logic gets written to take advantage of those cores (if ever?) the new computers will be obsolete.

To be honest, I couldn't agree more. Buying a 12 core MP and running Logic, would be like buying a Ferrari and running it on 3 stroke...

I want to get a BTO Mac Pro 12-core with 8TB's of storage, 32GB of RAM and one of the new 27" Apple LED Cinema Displays... now that I think about it, make it 2 (yeah). Now all I have to do is win the lottery and I'll be all set to go!!! :lol:

- xpander

I don't think Apple ever reduces the prices on their machines, however the online store does sell refurbs, which I think they put a good chunk of previous version models they couldn't sell in there at a price reduction. The 2008 models were still in there until a few months ago.

As for the new 2010, I think that I'm going to hold off. I have a Mac Pro 1,1 and it's moving along just fine for what I need :) Although it's tempting to always want to upgrade and go further, it seems like the benefits for audio work (for a big chunk of people) doesn't call for the most bleeding edge technology.

I'm hoping that Apple kind of figures out what they want to do with Mac Pros, because it seems like they are neglecting it. Until I either really really need a new machine, I'll be waiting until a Mac Pro comes out with some killer specs.