Using Specific Parameters from Groove Template

H.W.

Groove templates only deal with timing, nothing else.

Actually groove templates deal with timing, velocity and note length. To apply the velocity/length information from the template selected in the Quantize menu to the region, use the Q-velocity and Q-length parameters in the Advanced Quantization parameters.

Even factory groove templates (1/8-Note etc..) have length and velocity data that can be used the same way.

Groove templates only deal with timing, nothing else.

Actually groove templates deal with timing, velocity and note length. To apply the velocity/length information from the template selected in the Quantize menu to the region, use the Q-velocity and Q-length parameters in the Advanced Quantization parameters.

Even factory groove templates (1/8-Note etc..) have length and velocity data that can be used the same way.

Nice, I didn't know...thanks, David.

J.

thanks and happy new year-

I tend to play my tracks in piece by piece so they often lack the feel of live dynamics- I was experimenting with using midi apple loops and other midi tracks as groove templates, to use their velocities and see if this would liven up the tracks... did not really work out-

I know there are those dna groove templates but I'm skeptical how those would be any better then this method I tried-

any good ways to accomplish this live feel from templates or other methods?