Logic opens up a plugin window while dragging it to another track

Rooby

It only happens when it's a 3rd-party plugin.

It's ok when Logic opens up the interface of a new inserted plugin, but I don't want to open it every time I move a created plugin to another track or just rearrange the order of my chain. My guess is that it happens with the plugins that work through Rosetta. Your thoughts on how can it be fixed? Thanks!

• Like 1

Have you tried disabling Open plug-in window on insertion in Mixer Display preferences?

Yes, of course I've tried disabling this option, but then you need to open every plugin you insert. With this option enabled native Logic plugins don't open the interface while dragging to another instance or place in a channel strip. So it's a handy option to have enabled. There wasn't the issue like that in the previous versions of Logic..

• Like 1

It happens here too, I checked (same specs as you) - and it doesn't seem like it should behave that way - there's no reason for Logic to open a plugin when all you want to do is move it to a different place.

I didn't check the behaviour of earlier versions though...

My logic has been doing the same thing. Every time I drag a plugin over to copy my chain to another track it opens the plugin. I have to command-click close to get them to go away. This is very frustrating and really adds a clunk to my workflow. If anyone figures this out please let me know. I only want the plugin to open if I click the open button.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 6:37 AM, maverick40 said:

Another weird glitch to accompany this is that when I open a plugin, sometimes it appears way down the screen almost to the point where it's off the screen and unavailable. Ridiculous to work with.

Started having this today out of the blue.

Also sent feedback about the OP's bug.

• 2 months later...