Hidden automation data (tried all the obvious steps)

meejahor

Hi. Has anyone encountered this before? I recorded some volume automation data on a region, and later deleted it. But the volume changes are still happening. There's nothing showing in the events list and I've deleted all automation data for the region and the track. Even duplicating the track and moving the region to the new track (choosing to not copy automation data) doesn't help. I've run out of places to look for this data! Help! :-)

Thank you,

Andrew

This is even weirder to me, but maybe it will make sense to someone? If I create a new track, and select the same instrument from the library, the volume changes happen on the new track. If I select a different instrument from the library then the volume changes don't happen. The volume changes seem to be connected to the instrument somehow...?

• 1 year later...
This is even weirder to me, but maybe it will make sense to someone? If I create a new track, and select the same instrument from the library, the volume changes happen on the new track. If I select a different instrument from the library then the volume changes don't happen. The volume changes seem to be connected to the instrument somehow...?

Did you solve this?? I'm caught with the same issue on a huge project.

• 10 months later...
well I some how resolved it but then inadvertently recreated the situation: For some reason Logic randomly isn't displaying the automation data I write to a track. Not sure when exactly the visual data goes missing, but I clearly see automation I wrote via "touch" being read, despite not being seen anymore. For instance, I wrote track volume data, but the track volume data is shown as straight, unchanging, semi-transparent line (the same thing you'd see if you hadn't written any data).

• 8 months later...
Try toggling the Track/Region button in the track header while in Automation view? Can you attach an example of a project that does that, after deleting all other regions/tracks so we can focus on this issue?

BINGO! This fixed it for me. There was automation on the region, once I toggled it, there it was. Thanks David, as always ;-)

-Tommy