Logic 10.2.4 is out...

stardustmedia

I feel heard and validated and.... disappointed....

From the Apple Web Site;

Autopunch recording on MIDI tracks now behaves as expected when Record > Overlapping MIDI Recordings > Replace is enabled.

Manually punching in and out in Replace mode now works properly with MIDI regions.

When recording MIDI in Replace mode with Cycle enabled, playing MIDI before the start of the Cycle no longer causes the measure before the Cycle start to be replaced.

Admittedly, it's better...if you care about this, see my posts on 10.2.4 Cycle and Punch issues..

10.2.3 was a disaster here (wouldn't work with Soundtoys, Multiinstrument routing, etc.) so I went back to 10.2.2.

Now I'm tempted....

10.2.3 worked just fine with SoundToys. Strange that you had an issue...

When I just opened a fresh default song it also worked but I have rather big orchestral projects going with 3 VEPs and they would just crash after launching. Then I deactivated Soundtoys and at least I could open these projects. All the VEP multi instrument routings were gone though. And I got error messages from VEPs to close and reopen Kontakt instruments when changing the sample rate.

What's to thank them for?. They put out a release with a major bug... They SHOULD fix it immediately.. Used to be there were paid 'beta testers'. Now companies let the paying customers do the work.. And it's of no consequence to them, if we, the users are experiencing crashes while trying to make a living.. It's like selling a car... 'oops, we forgot to put the radiator in.. well we'll fix it in the next update quarter.

I stopped being on the 'cutting edge' years ago.. too much bleeding.. I wait a couple of months, or unless I see lots of positive responses to everything working.. before updating..

10.2.3 was a disaster here (wouldn't work with Soundtoys, Multiinstrument routing, etc.) so I went back to 10.2.2.

Now I'm tempted....

10.2.3 worked just fine with SoundToys. Strange that you had an issue...

The issue only happened if you opened a song, that was never opened with a more recent version. In this case people who were always "cutting edge" didn't had any issue, while people who didn't update for 2-3 versions saw this bug. That's also how it got missed in the first place: it is pretty much impossible to test every song version with every feature against the latest update.

The issue only happened if you opened a song, that was never opened with a more recent version. In this case people who were always "cutting edge" didn't had any issue, while people who didn't update for 2-3 versions saw this bug. That's also how it got missed in the first place: it is pretty much impossible to test every song version with every feature against the latest update.

I have to contradict you. I was on version 10.2.2 before. There my projects worked. After the update 10.2.3 not. Only it might be that my default template was made with an earlier version so my projects originated from an earlier version template. Anyways I can open them again now with 10.2.4. and I too appreciate Apples quick response.

I just installed the 2.4 and it seems to work....I'm seeing that the multimeter is reading a lot hotter than it was before, using what I believe to be the same settings. This shows up on the multimeter but not so much on the volume fader.

I don't use most of the features of the app, I just put my parts on and send it on to the composers silly enough to want me to play on their music projects.

That's the only change I see. So far.

Not so fast with the applause. I loaded an existing project into 10.2.4, created a new audio track, loaded a guitar amp emulator (Apollo Twin Duo is the interface) started playing the guitar and the latency was shocking! Even with the buffer set to 32, the latency was terrible. I removed the plugin and used the default stock Logic guitar amp - same latency issue. Not having the time to play troubleshooter, I removed 10.2.4 and restored 10.2.3. Did a quick test - no latency issues. Not a very scientific report, I know, but until I have time to methodically do some tests, I'll stick with 10.2.3. The computer is a mid 2015 15" MacBook Pro, 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, El Capitan 10.11.5.

For some reason it's not showing up in the App Store. Last update did. Is there a way to force it to update or download an update online?

Because it's not compatible with your OS. The same for 10.2.3. You haven't seen that one either. The last version for Mavericks 10.9.x is Logic 10.2.2

For some reason it's not showing up in the App Store. Last update did. Is there a way to force it to update or download an update online?

Because it's not compatible with your OS. The same for 10.2.3. You haven't seen that one either. The last version for Mavericks 10.9.x is Logic 10.2.2

But I'm on El Capitan 10.11.5

10.2.3 was there, but 10.2.4 is not. Never had this happen before.

Not so fast with the applause. I loaded an existing project into 10.2.4, created a new audio track, loaded a guitar amp emulator (Apollo Twin Duo is the interface) started playing the guitar and the latency was shocking! Even with the buffer set to 32, the latency was terrible. I removed the plugin and used the default stock Logic guitar amp - same latency issue. Not having the time to play troubleshooter, I removed 10.2.4 and restored 10.2.3. Did a quick test - no latency issues. Not a very scientific report, I know, but until I have time to methodically do some tests, I'll stick with 10.2.3. The computer is a mid 2015 15" MacBook Pro, 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, El Capitan 10.11.5.

I don't think I'm understanding you - my apologies if so...

But you should not be trying to play your UAD guitar amp simulator via the Apollo directly through Logic Pro X ... that's what UAD's Console App is for - you'll have no latency that way.

I can't speak for using the Logic Amp Designer, though - that is definitely linked to your LPX buffer setting (latency-wise). Set down to 32, you should be pretty dead on for low latency use in Amp Designer. Did you try using it with Low Latency Mode engaged and see what happens?

Logic.jpg.70b5e708d790fbe6cfef3559751350bb.jpg