Logic sending unwanted MIDI commands on play/stop

captainate

Hey all, this is one of those problems that's so bad, it prevents me from being able to work at all, and this is how I pay rent!!!

I've been using logic for many years now, and in all those years, I've primarily set up my rig to use external MIDI tracks to control hardware keyboards and synthesizers. I also do a lot of orchestrating in the box with VI's.

Recently, Logic has started messing with the parameters on my external MIDI devices when I stop and sometimes play tracks, screwing up sounds I've created, and forcing me to power cycle devices just to get sounds back when I can't determine what parameters have changed. On one device I was able to see one change that must have come over CC29, but I don't know how to monitor what signals Logic is sending out.

I hadn't updated in a long time when this started happening, although now I'm on 10.3.1 hoping the update would fix the problem somehow. In fact, I haven't changed any hardware, updated my OS, or changed my recording procedures in any way I can recall. I had recently installed OSC Bridge, which was the first thing I assumed could be causing the problem, but it's happened a bunch while Bridge is not open. I have installed new Kontakt instruments, though I don't know why that would affect anything. Any helpful ideas will be highly appreciated!

• 4 years later...