Ditto Looper

offtheroad

Consider MainStage, which is apparently a good looper. I use Logic for looping a bit with Delay Designer. I have two different loop FX setup, 4 bar and 2 bar and either have sends from the instrument to a bus (that then feeds the bus that I have for the loopers) that I can flip on/off with pads on my BeatStep or I send to the looper from an assignable wheel on my AZ-1. There is also SooperLooper, which I haven't really dived in to yet.

Thats over my head.Can you help me set the up? This not for liver performance just in house. I felt with the button on the floor leaving my hand free it would be easer to make layer than logic but I'm posting here because you guys may have a trick or two to to help me just use logic for that.

If you intend to record guitar layer over layers, try the following:

- Set Logic in Cycle mode.

- Adjust the length of the loop (in terms of bars) to be recorded with the locators.

- Adjust the Overlapping Recordings to set the way you wish the layers to appear.

- Create an audio track, highlight it, click on the Record button at the top of Logic.

- Play...

Logic will record your performance and loop back to the left locator when it reaches the right locator.

• 2 months later...

Have you tried this? It's not working for me. I get exactly the same as if the audio setting in record mode for 'cycle on' was set to 'create new tracks and mute' when I have selected 'create new tracks'.

I am running latest versions of logic and Mac OS.

Can you let me know if you got it to work as expected, meaning you can hear the audio played back when the cycle starts over, and you can layer on top of it, so each pass gets its own track and it layers like a loop pedal would work.

Maybe it's a bug, as I know this menu choice is new so it might not have the code written yet...best I can make sense of it. If anyone has had success please help me figure this out.

Yes, it seems not being working as expected or documented...

The reason for that, I think, is that Logic does not (or fail to) create a new audio channel strip for each created track at every loop cycle, as it should. So all the created tracks get all assigned to the same audio channelstrip (object); and since in Logic, only one audio file can play from the same audio channelstrip at the time, the feature is not working.

As you said, I think that is either an oversight or a bug, as the documentation stipulates clearly that it should work as one would describe it as a "looper". I would invite you to fill a bug report on the Logic Feedback website. Perhaps in the meantime, as suggested by redgreenblue, using MainStage as a workaround...

Edited by Atlas007