Logic X doesn't recognize Korg Kronos 2 as external instrument

jaypeecee

Logic Pro X isn't recognizing my Korg Kronos 2 as an external instrument any longer.  It worked previously, but I haven't used it with Logic in a while.  Tried to use it again, and now it is not recognized.  It will receive midi input from the keyboard, but does not recognize it for output.  The Kronos shows up in the Audio/Midi Setup on my older macbook pro.  I use several other external midi devices, all of which are working fine.  I've updated the Korg Kronos usb midi driver, updated to the most recent version of Logic Pro X, and still not working.  Wondering if it is just a simple setup issue that I'm overlooking.  

I'm trying to create a midi track within Logic which controls the Korg Kronos.  Logic is receiving midi from the Korg (i.e., I can play virtual instruments and other connected midi instruments like my Nord Stage 2), but I can't establish a midi track that outputs to the Korg.  When I go to create a new track and select "external instrument," there is a drop down that lists my other midi instruments, but does not show the Korg even though the mac OS recognizes it.  Interestingly, it works fine in Ableton Live, just not in Logic.  

No, I don't use Logic and Ableton together.  I connect all my midi devices using USB.  I don't use a separate midi interface.  I do use a USB hub and have had not problems previously.  To test, I did disconnect everything and connected the Kronos directly to the Mac without going through the hub.  I have not tried enabling Bypassing All Control Surfaces.  I'll give that a try.