Copy old apple loops (Logic 8)

FRANK01
Go to solution Solved by FRANK01,

Hi,

is it possible to copy all the Apple Loops (Audio & Sofware Instrument) from Logic Pro 8 to Logic Pro x ?

If so, how will  they be catagorized in the loop browser ? In a seperate file ?

I don't want to mess up Logic Pro x now, it's running very smoothly :)

Thanks for your help !

Frank

As explained here, it seems to be just a matter of dragging the old loops folder from the finder to Logic's Loop browser and reindex it. 

However, I think it is possible that not all the old loops will sound the same or even play in LPX, considering the changes implemented since LP8. Also, chances are that you will end up with double iterations of some (ifnot many) loops (that could also sound different from one another)...

• 4 months later...
  • Solution

Hi,

thanks Atlas for your reply. I did not receive a mail that I had a reply from you...strange. That's why my answer is so late.

I found all the loop and sounds on my old Mac G5 and copied them to an external HD. Now I've all the waves there. I think I can grap them there and bring them to a logic x project. Not done it yet, but I think it will work.

Indeed if I drag them to the Loop Browser I will end up with doubles and doubles the amount of space on my internal drive, and I do not want that.

Thanks again,

Frank