Hide all unused tracks except track stacks

bluestarstudios

Hi all! I frequently need to hide all the unused tracks in one go. Since my session template consists of over 150 tracks, I'm often needing to hide over a hundred tracks in my projects. Thankfully, I've found the option to Edit –> Select Tracks –> Unused, which works almost as expected, as it highlights all the unused tracks for me, at which point I can hide them all in one go.

Unfortunately, there's one problem. Since many of my tracks in my template are organized in track stacks, the above mentioned "Select Tracks –> Unused" function also highlights the actual track stacks (even if a stack has sub-tracks with regions on them). This is problematic because hiding the track stack will also hide all the tracks within the stack. So, currently, I'm having to manually unselect (Command + Click) each track stack before performing my Hide.

This is clearly a bug, as a stack with tracks with regions on them should not be considered "unused".

Does anyone know of a way to select all the unused tracks without selecting track stacks?

Thanks!

David

• Like 1

I tried doing that but it wouldn't allow me to do that. What I did find however is that I can create an empty region on a track, then move it to a track stack master track (only if the stack is closed/collapsed) and that seems to do the trick. Good thinking. I'll add these empty regions to the template.

It all sounds like a bug to me, which I'll report to Apple. Hopefully something they can fix in the future.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...