Logic is Completely Frozen

misskela

I just installed new plugins, and I'm encountering two issues:

1) Logic is giving me a menu that says my plugins are not registered (even though two of them were previously-installed and previously-registered and which I've used in my projects before just fine; the others are brand new from the recent installation). I get an AU issue window, and if I click "Launch AU Manager," the two problem applications that have crashed or "couldn't be opened ask me to activate on iLok. But when I go to iLok (which is already on my computer), there is no activation for these products to connect to. If I've successfully downloaded the plugin and it requires iLok activation, and my iLok is plugged in, shouldn't it automatically pull up the activation steps in the iLok window?

2) Because of or in addition to the above plugin issue happening, Logic is also completely freezing on me. Even if I didn't want to bother with using these plugins, I can't go in and make any changes to my project. I get this weird flash across the whole screen when I try to click on anything, like I'm bumping into a wall that blocks any activity in the project. I imagine this is connected to the plugin issue, but again, launching the AU manager does not seem to get me to where the actual problem is stemming from.

I'm sure there must be a solution. Thanks!

1- You have to open the iLok manager app, login to your iLok account, and from there download the authorization to your computer and/or iLok key. You should quit Logic before proceeding to same. Also, rebooting your computer is often required to make things work flawlessly.

2- Try proceeding with step 1- first.

The flashing screen behavior you describe is often due to an alert or dialog box that needs to be adressed in priority. Same could be sometimes hidden by another window.

@Atlas, thank you for the reply.

1- I have tried troubleshooting as per iLok tech support on the iLok side and it's still not working. All my activations and their locations are wiped out. I'm working with iLok on a support ticket.

2- Successfully around that flashing screen behavior, and was able to go into the project and work on it a bit at least, but the plugins are all still missing/deactivated. Like literally ALL my plugins aren't available anymore except the native Logic ones.

Anybody have expertise in Logic behaving strangely after downloading a bunch of new plugins? I imagine this is not out of the ordinary, I just have no idea where to look if not the AU Manager, where nothing I do seems to help.

Thanks!