Sampling the Library settings creates a Track Stack?

SideBMusic
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I was testing various settings in the Library for vocal effects and discovered Logic was making a Track Stack, thus combining settings instead of switching from one to next. I see I could turn OFF each stack track, but I did not want to keep any of them in the first place. When I tried deleting them I had several busses in the mixer and I lost my track notes. I even wound up inadvertently erasing the audio in the region I was testing. Is there a way, other than choosing "Reset channel strip," before choosing the next setting in order to avoid Logic stacking the tracks with the different channel strip settings?

Have you tried using patches instead, disabling the Sends in the merging filters.

I thought that is what I was doing. I opened the Library, navigated through the patches and chose one to apply to the track. After listening, I navigated to a new patch to try another. Each time the settings icon in the channel strip changes to a new name and a new set of plugins are assigned. Instead of replacing the first patch, the track adds it to a stack. So, two patches are running at the same time, and so on. I don't want to keep all of them, I only want to hear how a patch affects the track, then move on to the next one.

I think I may have figured out what happened. I read that some patches in the Library ARE summing stacks. I must have loaded one during my previews of the patches.

But a question remains, when selecting the different patches in the Library Logic replaces the previous selection rather than adds to the previous selection, right?

I think I may have figured out what happened. I read that some patches in the Library ARE summing stacks. I must have loaded one during my previews of the patches.

:shock: Did you see my previous answer?

But a question remains, when selecting the different patches in the Library Logic replaces the previous selection rather than adds to the previous selection, right?

Right.

:shock: Did you see my previous answer?

Right.

Hi, David. Your answer didn't come up when I wrote my last reply. Anyway, guess what? One of the patches I chose was "Slammed Vocal." So, it looks like I figured out what happened. Also, thanks for verifying my other question.

Be well, both of you.