Logic Score

GregManning

Is it just me, or is the score section in Logic really buggy?

I’m on page 4 of a simple lead sheet and each time I insert a section name like “Shout Chorus” with the text tool, that name mysteriously appears on page 1 and at a different location on page 4.

Over the years I’ve had these kind of glitches on 3 different computers and several versions of Logic, but they’re still here.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the program, but these elementary glitches are annoying! Am I doing something wrong, or this is a known issue in Logic? If so, why does it stay unaddressed?

I

See if this helps clear things up a bit. Apologies for doing this quick, but I had 10 minutes today and want to get something out there for you.

Gee! That's an excellent tutorial!

I've used it for years. It is so unintuitive and the note entry is a pain. (I am a pro composer that has done 1000's of charts ranging from lead sheets to many a symphonic or big band score on it). The method of text entry, articulations etc,.....so slow. I've used Logic for many years but not really given the scoring side much consideration. It would be AMAZING to have one piece of software (Logic!!) that could deal with professional scoring as well as film mockups etc. Heavens!!.....Imagine the day when Logic will also be able to transcribe musical handwriting using an Apple Pencil.!! Now that would be a total leap!

...I've used Logic for many years but not really given the scoring side much consideration.
Logic can do a lot for sure in that realm. It also does have its quirks. But volovicg (and few others here) will most likely find a way to achieve your goal.

It would be AMAZING to have one piece of software (Logic!!) that could deal with professional scoring as well as film mockups etc. Heavens!!.....
Logic does have tools to do film scoring. Some notorious movies were scored with it...

Imagine the day when Logic will also be able to transcribe musical handwriting using an Apple Pencil.!! Now that would be a total leap!
In the meantime, you might find this recent article of interest since it is suggesting some solutions in that regard.

See if this helps clear things up a bit. Apologies for doing this quick, but I had 10 minutes today and want to get something out there for you.