480GB PCI Express Mercury Accelsior SSD E2

Hi folks a £400 480GB PCI Express Mercury Accelsior SSD E2 with yosemite os x has turned my late 2008 mac pro into a new machine, its crazy.

But what I'm trying to do is use the eSATA ports on the card to connect to a external SSD which i haven't bought yet which will hold my sample stuff on, for data speed, BFD3 and Tillian etc. Is this possible as I'm drawing blank on searches?

Any ideas would be great

Thanks Ronny

Hi folks a £400 480GB PCI Express Mercury Accelsior SSD E2 with yosemite os x has turned my late 2008 mac pro into a new machine, its crazy.

But what I'm trying to do is use the eSATA ports on the card to connect to a external SSD which i haven't bought yet which will hold my sample stuff on, for data speed, BFD3 and Tillian etc. Is this possible as I'm drawing blank on searches?

Any ideas would be great

Thanks Ronny

Normally this should be no problem. For Logic's samples, I think that you would have to go with an Alias procedure. Other brands could also require their own specific method...

• 1 month later...

Hi folks.

I went down the route of the Oyen mini pro housing a crucial MX 100.

For some reason it worked great for a while then things started going wrong, totally blew my bluetooth mouse away but didn't know it was the drive causing it and went through every suggestion on the net to get my mouse working again (talking a week here) then the drive started showing errors BIG RED TRIANGLE STUFF!! even Disc warrior couldn't touch it and thought i had lost all my sample stuff.

Turned off the drive and back on again theres my stuff back, so moved it off and unplugged the drive, mouse working perfect again ?

I thought the crucial was bad so had it replaced went through the lot again with same results.

Every one blames the other.... Oyen say they only recommend a Sony PCIe card and OWC say they only recommend a OWC pro mini housing with the accelsior mercury / They seem to omit this from the adds.

Cheers Ronny :roll: :roll:

Hi folks.

I went down the route of the Oyen mini pro housing a crucial MX 100.

For some reason it worked great for a while then things started going wrong, totally blew my bluetooth mouse away but didn't know it was the drive causing it and went through every suggestion on the net to get my mouse working again (talking a week here) then the drive started showing errors BIG RED TRIANGLE STUFF!! even Disc warrior couldn't touch it and thought i had lost all my sample stuff.

Turned off the drive and back on again theres my stuff back, so moved it off and unplugged the drive, mouse working perfect again ?

I thought the crucial was bad so had it replaced went through the lot again with same results.

Every one blames the other.... Oyen say they only recommend a Sony PCIe card and OWC say they only recommend a OWC pro mini housing with the accelsior mercury / They seem to omit this from the adds.

Cheers Ronny :roll: :roll:

Thanx for sharing!