Logic 8 on August 20th ? Is it true ?

Check out the quote below, I found it by following the link in the "DON'T INSTALL GARAGEBAND 8 thread.

He sounds pretty definitive and confident, and has already seen the beta?

Can it be true?

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garageband 08 is really just a appetizer for Logic 8.

Folks get ready on August 20 for the new Pro-Tools killer.

I've seen the beta, and I would like to add not only is this a Pro-Tools killer, but it also goes into Ableton Live territory with its non-linear work-flow and single window style interface.

Its safe to say you don't really need any GB instruments on your computer, because the new EXS has much higher quality sounds. Its basically a 30GB rompler, much like Colossus, but only even better sounding and much more efficient.

I think it's apparent that the next version is going to come out soon - I just question that date because it's a Monday. Apple typically releases stuff on Tuesdays. Only exception is when there's a special event, like NAB or something.

I think later this week I'm going to do Logic 8 rumor roundup that sums up what's currently out there (and any other expected improvements and developments ascertained from GB 08 and Soundtrack Pro 2) and their credibility, in my opinion.

That said, almost all the comments that have been generated from my posts have been left anonymously. I blame Blogger.

Hey that kind of thread would be cool!!

I never got into the Logic 8 Rumor mill, but when I saw that one post, it just seemed like the guy knew exactly what was up, so I got all excited about it, But we shall see in few days if its true or not.

Hey that kind of thread would be cool!!

I never got into the Logic 8 Rumor mill, but when I saw that one post, it just seemed like the guy knew exactly what was up, so I got all excited about it, But we shall see in few days if its true or not.

Trust me, if the guy knew exactly what was up, he wouldn't be posting it in Apple's public forum. I would trust a Crystal Ball before I trusted that "source".

BTW a little lower in the thread the same poster says his birthday is April 1st, and he adds "I am really serious, this time". :wink:

EDIT: I am referring to a post in the Apple discussion forum that closely resembles the one in the GB thread on the blog.

It's been nearly 3 years since LP7 was launched. Whether it is born out in reality or not, the new version will be positioned as a very big deal, possibly revolutionary. Therefore I think the LP7 successor will be launched with the same sort of fanfare we saw recently for the FCP Studio update. Press will be invited and luminaries from the world of audio and music will be on hand to show off the new app. It seems unlikely to me they'd just plop it on the store and update the apple.com splash.

Therefore I doubt we'll have to wait until next Monday to know whether this rumor is true. We'll see one of those "Apple Invite" messages go out and it will make clear the announcement is targeted at the music/audio world.

Since it is only a week away, and we haven't yet seen such an invite, I wonder really how likely a launch next Monday will be?

But of course, I hope I am completely wrong.

Nick

Hey guys....

(David and Hricco)....

firstly i am NOT a bastard as i have a father.

Yes, the poster who said August the 20th is me......my crime is that in a moment of absolute despair and part-jest I remembered one other rumor (possibly started on this site where someone said "hey - Amazon are out of stock...blah blah blah.... it says pre-order for logic pro 7.2 on 20th August. Don't know if this is true - in fact i doubt it cos' i did speak to a man from apple a month or two ago who suggested logic might be tied to leopard (i ascertained this from the way his eyebrows moved!)

Didn't think my lil' comment would cause grief to others. So sorry about that. I just meant to report on what i'd read somewhere else - but never got around t linking to that post/

Anyway, I've had a pretty sh**y day at work today so excuse me for being a bit over sensitive....

Also, David, I was telling the truth about my birthday - you might be able to check it when i registered with this site?

:shock:

here is the thread i got the 20th august info from:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=12690&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WOW, talk about a round-trip rumor. From here to there back to here. Well, that's a rumor for you.

Ronnie, I have no problem with you posting whatever you want, especially on another forum :wink: - especially since in my opinion it was pretty clear it was a joke, as I pointed out. Just wanted to point out that it had no bearing in reality. Like almost all the rumors seen around the web. I love rumors myself, they are exciting, but everybody just keep in mind they are just that: rumors.

I have a pretty good idea of how things work in the software world, as my wife is responsible for a big application (in Windows-land). She is the one who decides to announce new releases, and to decide on a release date. I see how that works. Most of the time, she doesn't know on Friday morning if they are going to release the product on Friday evening. Or they announce a date, but it gets pushed back at the last minute.

Granted, Apple is a bigger company, but I'm pretty sure it works much the same way. Maybe Apple hasn't even decided on a release date yet. Maybe they have a release date, but even if they do, that doesn't mean much as there are so many reasons that could make them push it back. The comment "I'm a beta-tester" is pretty funny also, since beta-testers are the first ones to NOT know anything about release dates, or announcement dates.

So what do we have?

In reality, there is no such thing as a release date, and even if there is it doesn't mean much and is likely to change at the last minute. And even if there is, it is so closely guarded that only a few people know. Not only are those people contractually tied by military style NDA (meaning if they leak the info, they could be sued - that has happened in the past), but they could lose their job, and risk their co-workers jobs at the same time.

If you look back in forums, I remember posts rumoring Logic 8 back in 2005.

So all in all, it's always a good laugh to watch people get all excited around such rumors. I say read them, get excited about them for a couple of minutes, and go back to producing music in L7, without giving it much more thought.

I'm sorry! Didn't mean to come across as rude .... quite the contrary; I was kidding with ya!

:oops:

Sorry (again!)

- FWIW - the pic that you posted does look really cool, which is why I thought (at first) it was a legitimate post! I actually tried it after I got done with my lsat post ... it does look nifty! Reminded me of Ableton Live......

I'm sorry! Didn't mean to come across as rude .... quite the contrary; I was kidding with ya!

:oops:

Sorry (again!)

AH! Sorry. My english is not that good so I quiet often misunderstood jokes.

:wink:

It reminds me Live too.

Cheers.

Logic Pro 8 screenshot !

This can cost me my job, but here it go.... Please keep it secret.

(ok I'm just kidding.... just couldn't resist this ctrl+alt+cmd+8 trick that I just learned here in Logic Pro Help http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=13031) :lol:

OK, so that GUI looks pretty damn boring. Curious to know what it is we're looking at tho.

Open Logic. Then press ctrl+alt+cmd+8. (Invert Colors)

Control+Option+Command+8 is a key command that inverts all the colors in OS X. Try it out, and you'll see. The screenshot is just the regular old Logic 7 interface with the colors inverted.

What's really cool is if you do a Control+Option+Command+8 while looking at the pictures that majorback posted... ;)

I really really dig the look of the inverted OS. I wish there was a way to have the entire system's color palette reversible without affecting actual pictures and the like.

I do not look good inverted...or normally for that matter, but especially inverted!

X

Good Morning Fellas.

Ronnie, Tell me your not joking!!

Ok I haven't really dove into the Logic 8 rumors or even posted a comment on it until now, but because your post was so convincing I thought, "now here is some real deal stuff. ". you still a bastard!! javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

Rolling Eyes

Ok, you're not a bastard. But now I feel so let down, But I'm still going to check the Apple site on Aug 20th, I'm sure you all are, Just in case its true.

So anyway, What is that a screen shot of?

cool

javascript:emoticon(':P')javascript:emoticon(':P')

Razz

Razz

Don't get your hopes up, there is no way Apple is going to re-release Logic 8 without inviting the music press. They have not send out any invites so it won't happen. You should expect a new Logic during the winter namm or the Muzikmesse with the music press there.

The only thing that could be releases on the 20th is some form of update for the so much loved 'garageband compatibility' with Garageband 8.

I hope thats not it please tell me it isnt,,,,,and if u took the chance to upload the pic just for the sake of the forum your not that smart to loose your job over it.....but hey people do dumb S%^T.....

I rather wait till i see that quicktime steve jobs trailer on apple.com

Logic has been discontinued in 1 major music store chain thats 4 sure!!! and not a rumor.

Peace & love

01.Rumor has it Apple is releasing Logic 8 to work on your iPhone...wow i can see it now music producers walking through shopping malls making tracks and emaling them with there iPhone while standing online at the Apple Store....

Man this Bud is real good!!!!!! Puff Puff Give Your F*(%)(&G UP The Rotation....

02.Rumor has it Apple is also making a Logic 8 Vista version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03.Rumor has it that Apple,Dell,IBM and Microsoft are teaming with intel to build a whole new Universal machine where u can load every software under the sun!!!!

04.Last nite Big Steve passed my house and dropped of my own personal copy.

and guess who was riding shot gun ? Sweet Dick Willy From MS and they both had nice hootchie MAMA's in the back seat...now thats gangster!!!!!!!!!!

05. Im Just BullSH*TT^N Man and You Know This!!!!!!!!!

Peace