Best midi controller for improvising on a keyboard

I am new to DAW.

I need help in selecting a real weighted 88 key midi controller/keyboard

that would allow me to improvise at the keyboard then print my

improvisation into a musical score in Logic.

I also plan to buy Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark and other sampled sounds.

What do I need to trigger these sampled sounds in Logic?

Sine Factory? Komplete control?

Thank you

Any MIDI controller keyboard will play samplers or virtual instruments.

Since the key action of such controllers is their main usefulness, you should prioritize how your finger-play experience feels like onto the keyboards.

Therefore, I would strongly encourage you to go hands on try them first, before committing to one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on your budget. Native Instruments' Komplete Kontrol S88 mk2 keyboard is a fantastic choice but it offers a lot more than just weighted (and hammer action) keys so it might be overkill for you.

However, I think Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark supports the NKS standard which gives you instant mapping to the S88 which might save you a lot of time.

NI Komplete Kontrol is an expensive road to travel. You have to be convinced their sounds, instruments, samples and loops are special. They strategically leave pads off most keyboards, because they want to sell you a second control device like Maschine. Smart!

NKS is a smart business move too, and they have 100+ software partners. Others have tried to promote a standard for device level integration, but NI seems to be doing it. If Arturia also complied with NKS, and they might, it will define an important trend.