Ears Mode

kobb

I'm not one for "back in the days of tape..." glorification, but there's no doubt that before the era of the DAW, making music relied much more heavily on listening rather than looking at waveforms and EQ curves on a screen.

With that in mind, I think it would be fantastic if Logic could add an "Ears Mode" (or some better name) that would easily reduce visual clutter with a keyboard command. For client playback, you could go to completely black screens (without turning off monitors), or perhaps a much more stripped back visual interface with only essential elements for overdub tracking.

I think this could be a pretty cool feature that would also help differentiate Logic from other DAWs.

• 1 month later...
You could go to completely black screens (without turning off monitors)

Have you thought of simply setting up hot-corners and putting the display to sleep, or turning on a screensaver? Very quick and easy to do - Settings > Desktop & Screen Saver > Hot Corners (bottom right).

That way you just put the mouse to the corner of the screen and the screen goes black until you move it again. Easy Peasy!